+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help help help please

Ladybb

May 15, 2018
Hi
I came to canada with my husband and I’m here under his work permit visa since 3 years ago. He didn’t apply for pr and keeps renewing his visa. I have a Canadian citizen daughter, she is 12yrs and disabled. She is under continuous treatment here and I’m her main caretaker. My husband Wants to divorce me and keeps frightening and threatening me of my residency situation. I’m very worried and don’t know what’s gonna happen to my daughter if I force to leave Canada. I want to know what options I have. I appreciate if someone advice me on this matter. Thank you

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi
I came to canada with my husband and I’m here under his work permit visa since 3 years ago. He didn’t apply for pr and keeps renewing his visa. I have a Canadian citizen daughter, she is 12yrs and disabled. She is under continuous treatment here and I’m her main caretaker. My husband Wants to divorce me and keeps frightening and threatening me of my residency situation. I’m very worried and don’t know what’s gonna happen to my daughter if I force to leave Canada. I want to know what options I have. I appreciate if someone advice me on this matter. Thank you
Your options are limited. Your visa is tied directly to your husband's entitlement to work. If he was to divorce you, your visa expiry date would limit how long you could remain in Canada. You might want to check out this as one possibility, based on your child's best interests. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html

Perhaps this is the time to be consulting with a family law professional and an immigration lawyer.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi
How is your child Canadian?

Ladybb

May 15, 2018
Your options are limited. Your visa is tied directly to your husband's entitlement to work. If he was to divorce you, your visa expiry date would limit how long you could remain in Canada. You might want to check out this as one possibility, based on your child's best interests. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html

Perhaps this is the time to be consulting with a family law professional and an immigration lawyer.

Perhaps this is the time to be consulting with a family law professional and an im

Ladybb

May 15, 2018
How was she born in Canada? You lived here before?
My husband family all living here, I came here as visitors and she was born . I’m very worried about what’s gonna happen, He never applied for Pr because he didn’t want me to have a secure situation, he also got British passport and never wants me to got one. And now frightening me of being sent back home.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
My husband family all living here, I came here as visitors and she was born . I’m very worried about what’s gonna happen, He never applied for Pr because he didn’t want me to have a secure situation, he also got British passport and never wants me to got one. And now frightening me of being sent back home.
As I said before, you should be considering seeing both a family lawyer (to discuss divorce threats) and an immigration lawyer (to discuss PR options for yourself).

Ladybb

May 15, 2018
As I said before, you should be considering seeing both a family lawyer (to discuss divorce threats) and an immigration lawyer (to discuss PR options for yourself).
Thanks. I will. I’m having a very difficult days. Hope I can get proper help.