+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Girlfriend is pregnant and is an international student here with permit

Jtsk

Feb 12, 2017
I am desperately in need of help as I am not sure what to do. I am a Canadian citizen and my girlfriend who is here studying here with a student permit has recently become pregnant. This seems like a very messy situation and I have no idea at all what would happen with our child and my girlfriends citizenship. Obviously she would eventually have to stop studying and would she then have to leave the country? Please someone help relieve all this stress.

Sheeba Bernard

Star Member
Aug 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jtsk said:
I am desperately in need of help as I am not sure what to do. I am a Canadian citizen and my girlfriend who is here studying here with a student permit has recently become pregnant. This seems like a very messy situation and I have no idea at all what would happen with our child and my girlfriends citizenship. Obviously she would eventually have to stop studying and would she then have to leave the country? Please someone help relieve all this stress.
If you can prove a common-law relationship then may be she can apply for PR. But let the seniors guide you better.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jtsk said:
You can sponsor Common law partner or spouse to become Permanent Resident(PR). PR sponsorship takes 9 to 12 months depending on case by case. Then once your girlfriend completes her residency obligation and qualifies she can apply for citizenship which is like 4 or 5 years according to the current rule. If the new Bill passes she may able to count the days before her PR and become a citizen in 3 to 4 years.

Your kid will automatically be a citizen.

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Jtsk said:
If you are in montreal.There are alot of resources.Medecin de monde is very good. free check ups and blood tests plus workshops. If your wife has a normal pregnancy and natural delivery the cost will be around $5000. Do not pay ny doctor in advance for the whole delivery. They will steal your money. If you are in montreal send me a personal message . Even other provinces you have medecin de monde, they are very helpful.

good luck.