+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Getting Started!!

Samrov44`

Aug 21, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have been researching through the CIC Sites because i would like to find work in Canada and then eventually become a PR. After reading through all of the information... which is a ton... i'm a bit frustrated because it seems like i wont be able to get a work visa or be able to find employment. Does anyone have an idea if i applied for a work visa would i be eligible to work and live in Canada?
What type of visa should i be applying for?
It seems like there's a pretty significant "Catch 22"... to get a job in Canada you need to be eligible but to get a work permit in Canada you need a job offer.
I need to get the heck out of NY!!
I'm not quite sure what to do or think at this point. I've tried calling Embassy's and reading tons of websites and i'm just not sure how to go about all of this.
To top this all off... on a visit there recently, i met someone very special but the distance makes it so tough to have a relationship with someone.
Some of my information is below
Thank you so much for anyone willing to spare a few minutes to help me.

From NY
Male
Bachelors Degree in Marketing
Currently working as a Space Planning Merchandising Analyst Manager
No criminal history
Speak English
No Job offer
No LMO

please let me know if you need any additional information
Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need a job offer in Canada to apply for a work permit. Unfortunately you can't apply for a work permit without a job offer. You may also need an LMO on top of the job offer (depends if you fall under NAFTA or not). If you can get a work permit, then you'll be able to live and work in Canada. But the first step is the hardest - finding an employer. There's really no trick to it - you just have to apply to openings and hope you get lucky.

I suppose another option would be to come on a study permit. However it's an expensive option. And you're way too late for the September term.

Samrov44`

Aug 21, 2013
Do you have any idea of companies that would be willing to hire for someone with my skill set? I know that's a very general question to ask but i'd like to get myself in the right direction.
Thanks

Samrov44`

Aug 21, 2013
Also, If i fill out an application online, there is always that question when the ask "Are you eligible to work in Canada"... without a work permit i need to say No... does that really just turn off most employers?