28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
Hi,
I was just curious what peoples experience involving their MP has been like. On a several threads Ive noticed a few people suggest contacting their MP. Do people find its a help or hindrance?

Your pal,
Mr. Lucky

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

MPs can be contacted when there is an issue with the app or it has gone past the posted processing time. Otherwise, there is no reason to involve them.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Some MPs are very helpful, and others are not. Some MPs may want to help, but don't really know what to do. So it all depends.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I prefer not to use a sledge hammer to kill a fly. That said, CIC's ATIP department is not your average fly. Therefore, I engaged my MP (sledge hammer) to deal with them.

When I did that, the MP's office started offering to help with the CIC, to the point that they would tell us we don't need to contact or check online with the CIC anymore, because they are routinely checking on our behalf. At least the Communications Officer is. She also told me that she gets calls all the time about CIC, and they routinely check for a pool of people when they call their "source" on the inside. It should be noted that I did resist, but the Communications Officer was just soo persistent and nice, I caved.

That said, the MP from our riding is on the Standing Committee for IRCC. So he routinely has the ear of John McCallum -- just in case :).

ahalf89

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-07-2016
File Transfer...
01-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-11-2016
LANDED..........
By Christmas would be nice :D
6 months after submitting my application I emailed the VO to ask for status info and they said my application was in queue to be processed. So I asked my MP to get my info for me. They looked into it and couldn't give me any more info than I already had. But a few days later my background check changed to In Progress and we had PPR within two days. I would definitely suggest trying it as there is no harm!

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
I contacted my MP and got a reply fast. They asked for my date of birth and case number, my application problem was cleared up in a day. It could be a scare tactic to immigration employees.

Imagine working at mcdonalds and a customer orders extra ketchup so what do you do? After the fact the manager of operations for a district looks through the burger you made. If there is extra ketchup they tell the consumer the employee did indeed put on extra ketchup. If there is no extra ketchup then you either make the burger again or get fired!!

So immigration employees basically want to get the application out of their hands because the MP watching them is not good.

leb_angel

Oct 1, 2016
There's some good and some bad, I got my MP to do an inquiry on our application, he called some magic # and was able to confirm the receipt of some documents that were requested in like 5minutes, which was nice because VO's don't confirm the receipt of documents so it was peace of mind. But that was it, didn't tell me what stage our application was at, how much longer, etc.

My MP also made it clear that all they could was inquire and that they basically had no power or influence for decisions, which really sucks

carielilviztie

Dec 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 29, 2015 (Federal)
Nomination.....
CSQ December 15, 2014
Med's Request
July 13, 2015 and RPRF
Med's Done....
July 21, 2015 and Paid RPRF July 22, 2015
Interview........
Waived...
Passport Req..
February 01, 2016 (DECISION MADE on e-cas Feb 02, 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 01, 2016
LANDED..........
June 24, 2016
I contacted my MP and got a reply fast. They asked for my date of birth and case number, my application problem was cleared up in a day. It could be a scare tactic to immigration employees.

Imagine working at mcdonalds and a customer orders extra ketchup so what do you do? After the fact the manager of operations for a district looks through the burger you made. If there is extra ketchup they tell the consumer the employee did indeed put on extra ketchup. If there is no extra ketchup then you either make the burger again or get fired!!

So immigration employees basically want to get the application out of their hands because the MP watching them is not good.
It depends! There are MPs who are really helpful while some are not. 1 poster said he emailed his MP twice but no reponse, he called and requested for an appointment though request was granted but when he finally came, he was told whats the rush??