+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP FROM AUSTRALIA =D

maree73

Dec 29, 2008
Hi everybody =]
Phew, lucky I found this forum!!

I was wondering if you guys could kindly help me.

I know these are probably super common questions, BUT;

I want to start from the very beginning. My boyfriend & I are looking to move to Canada on a Temp Work Visa in July/August '09.
We're only 19 years old. I have 4 years, part time administration experience & a year in a Customer Service role for a leading Insurance Company. My boyfriend has 17 months Carpentry experience through an apprenticeship & 7 months in an Insurance Company dealing with workers on Australia's WorkCover system. We both speak, write & read excellent English, however no French.

We're looking to apply for a VISA.

- What's the very first step?
- What are our chances of getting in the country?
- Are we too young & lacking in skill to be considered?
- How much would it cost for us to apply? (We have no-one in Canada).
- How long is the application process from Australia?

Thanks!!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maree73 said:
Hi everybody =]
Phew, lucky I found this forum!!

I was wondering if you guys could kindly help me.

I know these are probably super common questions, BUT;

I want to start from the very beginning. My boyfriend & I are looking to move to Canada on a Temp Work Visa in July/August '09.
We're only 19 years old. I have 4 years, part time administration experience & a year in a Customer Service role for a leading Insurance Company. My boyfriend has 17 months Carpentry experience through an apprenticeship & 7 months in an Insurance Company dealing with workers on Australia's WorkCover system. We both speak, write & read excellent English, however no French.

We're looking to apply for a VISA.

- What's the very first step?
- What are our chances of getting in the country?
- Are we too young & lacking in skill to be considered?
- How much would it cost for us to apply? (We have no-one in Canada).
- How long is the application process from Australia?

Thanks!!
Apply for working holiday program, gives you a 2 year open work permit for Canada. See: http://www.whpcanada.org.au/introduction.shtml

PMM

maree73

Dec 29, 2008
OK,
I've just received an email from a Canada Visa Immigration Lawyers saying that I don't have enough points to be considered for a VISA yet & need a job offer.

Are their any specific agencies I should be in contact with?

Or am I heading down the wrong track all together?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maree73 said:
OK,
I've just received an email from a Canada Visa Immigration Lawyers saying that I don't have enough points to be considered for a VISA yet & need a job offer.

Are their any specific agencies I should be in contact with?

Or am I heading down the wrong track all together?
Did you bother to read the link that I posted? That is the only way you are going to get a work permit for Canada.

PMM