waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Hello everyone,

I think I got wrong in this question in the IMM-0008 form.

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG74.asp
"Visa Office requested for the processing of your application: Write the name of the Visa Office which serves:

•your country of nationality; or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year."

I got confused and add the name of the country Iam legally residing which is Canada. So I added Canada as the answer, that will means I´ll get my application return also, right?

If yes, what do you suggest me to do?. My package arrived Sidney on Sept 28, that will means I have almost one month more to maybe do something to try to fix the mistake, what do you suggest to do?

Please let me know

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
In process at Buffalo: Aug 17, 2010
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Please anyone?!?!?!??!?!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Likely, they will send it back, you shloud have writen your country of nationality visa office or your country of residence which is Buffalo,U.S.A

Anyway, you have nothing to do except re sending a new copy of that page of the application after you fix the name of the visa office with an explanation letter, hopefully they will receive it before they open your application and attach it to the application, however, do not expect that much because mostly they will send it back, but at least give it a try.

PankajK

Mar 22, 2009
Vancouver, BC CANADA
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
July 2009
AOR Received.
November 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
September 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
November 2012 Vancouver, BC
ELAR said:
Hello everyone,

I think I got wrong in this question in the IMM-0008 form.

According to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG74.asp
"Visa Office requested for the processing of your application: Write the name of the Visa Office which serves:

•your country of nationality; or
•the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one year."

I got confused and add the name of the country Iam legally residing which is Canada. So I added Canada as the answer, that will means I´ll get my application return also, right?

If yes, what do you suggest me to do?. My package arrived Sidney on Sept 28, that will means I have almost one month more to maybe do something to try to fix the mistake, what do you suggest to do?

Please let me know
It depends upon from which country you are applying, I am India Citizen and I have applied from SINGAPORE and wrote the CHC Name as SINGAPORE.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Maybe I am the only one having a hard time understanding your statement, but if you are residing in Canada legally you should be applying from Canada itself.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Thank you all for your responses,

Professional1, I did write my country of residence. Iam applying inside Canada, but specifically the visa office name for Canada is Buffalo. So, I should have written Buffalo instead of Canada.

1. Do you think they will return it to me?
2. Should I send all the application again? What do you guys think?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ELAR said:
Thank you all for your responses,

Professional1, I did write my country of residence. Iam applying inside Canada, but specifically the visa office name for Canada is Buffalo. So, I should have written Buffalo instead of Canada.

1. Do you think they will return it to me?
2. Should I send all the application again? What do you guys think?
I am residing in canada as well and i know that you are applying from within canada.

The question was, which visa office do you chose to process your application which is in the first page of your application after language you prefer for correspondence, it says exactly: "Visa office requested for the process of your application", and you wrote canada, that is wrong because their is no visa office called canada. The visa office which is responsible on applications for people who reside in canada is Buffalo, U.S.A, that is what you should have writen in the blank because the question is not asking for your country of residence, it is asking for the name of the visa office.

The answer is yes, if they opened your application they will send it back to you to fix it.
if you want to give it a try before they open the application send only a new copy of that page of the application after you adjust the name of the visa office, accompanied with an explanation letter.

ELAR

Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2009
Doc's Request.
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
April 28, 2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Oct 27, 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 4, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 24, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 26, 2011
LANDED..........
May 26, 2011
Got it, Thanks Professional. Iam thinking on sending the whole thing away anyways.