+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help for restoration of status while awaiting ITA.

ResEv_4

Oct 21, 2017
Hey guys,
I'm currently in the pool for EE (cross fingers for draws on Nov1st) and here's my situation:

- Applied for PR and BOWP October 4. I was on a Post-graduate work permit that expired after I applied for PR/BOWP.

- PR cancelled due to incomplete: I had missed the fact that I had to provide an extra Police Report; I thought it was only required for being in a country 6+ months consecutively and not by adding all the times i've been there in the past 10 years. Got my police report in process though, will have it by next week.

- BOWP extension still in process, however it will be declined eventually due to the PR being cancelled.

My current status is dependent on the BOWP at the moment and I'm currently working until BWOP is cancelled and I'd have to stop working.

My question is, when the BOWP is cancelled due to past PR application being cancelled, when I apply for restoration of status would it apply for the work permit or visitor's visa status?

Should I be applying now for restoration of status and not wait?

I have been reading this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#restoration

if anyone with experience can help please.

Last edited:

dreams2020

Nov 22, 2019
Hey guys,
I'm currently in the pool for EE (cross fingers for draws on Nov1st) and here's my situation:

- Applied for PR and BOWP October 4. I was on a Post-graduate work permit that expired after I applied for PR/BOWP.

- PR cancelled due to incomplete: I had missed the fact that I had to provide an extra Police Report; I thought it was only required for being in a country 6+ months consecutively and not by adding all the times i've been there in the past 10 years. Got my police report in process though, will have it by next week.

- BOWP extension still in process, however it will be declined eventually due to the PR being cancelled.

My current status is dependent on the BOWP at the moment and I'm currently working until BWOP is cancelled and I'd have to stop working.

My question is, when the BOWP is cancelled due to past PR application being cancelled, when I apply for restoration of status would it apply for the work permit or visitor's visa status?

Should I be applying now for restoration of status and not wait?

I have been reading this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5553ETOC.asp#restoration

if anyone with experience can help please.

Hey, Not sure if you still check this thread but I thought I would try a chance and ask you how you ended up solving this issue and did you eventually restore or wait? I am in the same exact situation.