+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP FOR IELTS LISTENING !!!

Javid872

Jan 8, 2018
Hi all, I took IELTS twice and scored
LRSW – 7.5, 9, 7.5, 6 on my first attempt (September 2017) and
7.5, 9, 7.5, 6.5 in second one (January 2018).
Even after exams, I have been doing practice tests all the time, but still cannot get a higher score (8 or 8.5) and cannot complete any model test with 1 or 2 mistakes. In other words, I cannot improve my listening score and am afraid of trying and scoring same again. I am quite confused and don’t know what to do. Is it related to my knowledge of general English that I should advance? or Is there any strategy to follow? Can you, guys, give me advice? Any tips and help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Hi all, I took IELTS twice and scored
LRSW – 7.5, 9, 7.5, 6 on my first attempt (September 2017) and
7.5, 9, 7.5, 6.5 in second one (January 2018).
Even after exams, I have been doing practice tests all the time, but still cannot get a higher score (8 or 8.5) and cannot complete any model test with 1 or 2 mistakes. In other words, I cannot improve my listening score and am afraid of trying and scoring same again. I am quite confused and don’t know what to do. Is it related to my knowledge of general English that I should advance? or Is there any strategy to follow? Can you, guys, give me advice? Any tips and help will be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Javid872,

It will help others to contribute if you mention source/method that you have used for preparation. I don't see a reason why you cannot score an 8 in listening. Identify section or question type you are making mistake and practice on those question types. Or just get used to listening different accent (UK, AUS AND US) on podcast...I would suggest to look at Lizblog for IETLS prep. She has some great material on her blog for each section.

I was not confident of getting an 8 in listening but I did. Don't stress too much and you shall just be fine.

Javid872

Jan 8, 2018
Hi Javid872,

It will help others to contribute if you mention source/method that you have used for preparation. I don't see a reason why you cannot score an 8 in listening. Identify section or question type you are making mistake and practice on those question types. Or just get used to listening different accent (UK, AUS AND US) on podcast...I would suggest to look at Lizblog for IETLS prep. She has some great material on her blog for each section.

I was not confident of getting an 8 in listening but I did. Don't stress too much and you shall just be fine.
Many thanks for your response. I did Cambridge ILETS 1-12. I think you are right, I stress too much. Maybe I need to study several stress management books. I am going to take IELTS in march again and hopefully this time I can manage to get 8 in listening.

WoundedTiger

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Delhi
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-02-2018
IELTS Request
06-01-2018
Many thanks for your response. I did Cambridge ILETS 1-12. I think you are right, I stress too much. Maybe I need to study several stress management books. I am going to take IELTS in march again and hopefully this time I can manage to get 8 in listening.
That's another recipe for disaster unless you are into books..may i suggest doing things that make you feel good like listening to music...just be in the zone...ATB

Javid872

Jan 8, 2018
That's another recipe for disaster unless you are into books..may i suggest doing things that make you feel good like listening to music...just be in the zone...ATB
Another problem is that I cannot sleep a night before exam due to a high level of anxiety (((