+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!! Finding work in Canada

Nikki30588

Star Member
May 30, 2012
Hello All,

I'm currently working in Toronto on a post graduate work permit which expires on July 02/14. Unfortunately my employer is not willing to sponsor my work permit and I'm trying to find another employer who might be willing to sponsor my work permit. The problem is I don't know how to find an employer who is willing to sponsor my work permit. Can someone please advise on how one can find an employer willing to sponsor work permits? Does anyone know of any agency who can help out foreign workers like myself?
I understand that a lot of people might have asked a question similar to mine, so please forgive me if it seems repetative.

Thanks!

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hi

I think you should be less concerned about the work permit sponsorship, than finding a job. I have found that most employers in Canada, would be willing to consider helping you, if they need you, and can get a the LMO.

Realise however that posting your resume on job boards is not likely to translate in an offer. You will have to get on the phone, talk to them directly, and be sure to explain your situation.

Also try to find large companies with offices in smaller towns (where no one wants to go). Chances are it will be a match. If they cannot find someone in Canada, you have a better chance of convincing them to hire you and go through the trouble.

As a last bit of advice, might I suggest that you ahve a look at the new CEC (Experience class) This might be an option for you. Speak to an immigration consultant and see if this might work for you.

Good luck :)