+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help Filling Out Employment History with Short Term Contract Jobs

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
I'm wondering how best to fill out the Employment History on my Sponsorship Application. For the Past five years I have been:

Unemployed (housewife) 2017-Present
Self-Employed 2014-2016
Short Term Contract Jobs 2015 and 2016 (where I worked for a few days/weeks at a time for Elections Canada and the Canadian Census Bureau)

Question 1. It says if unemployed explain how I supported myself. Where do I explain this? And what do I write in the boxes for address or employer and income?

Question 2. Do I list these short term contract jobs even though they weren't full employment? If so, what do I put when it asks for annual salary when it was only a one-off payment?

I'm thinking since I don't have a strong financial background or stable career these small jobs for the government may look good or are they irrelevant?

Mary Zhang

May 13, 2019
Markahm
Category........
You can attach an additional copy of the form or separate piece of paper if there is not enough space to explain.

If you were not working, you should put "N/A" for "Not Applicable" in any box in which you do not have an answer.

Yes, you should list your short term contract jobs. You can add a note of explanation.

CanUK333

Jun 18, 2019
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
You can attach an additional copy of the form or separate piece of paper if there is not enough space to explain.

If you were not working, you should put "N/A" for "Not Applicable" in any box in which you do not have an answer.

Yes, you should list your short term contract jobs. You can add a note of explanation.
And what would I put for the monthly income for the short term jobs? Would I put the amount I made for the two weeks even if it's not monthly, like $800 and beside it write One Time Payment or should I just write N/A?