+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP EVERYONE , PMM, LEON OR ANY QUEBEC SKILLED WORKER

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
PLEASE HELP.
I APPLIED FOR FSW APPLICATION IN FEBRUARY 2008.
I AM VERY FLUENT IN FRENCH AND NOW WANT TO APPLY FOR QUEBEC AS I AM NOW ABLE TO OBTAIN THE REQUIRED POINTS TO APPLY.
HOWEVER, ON MY FSW, I WROTE I WILL INTEND TO GO TO TORONTO EVEN THOUGH IT WAS JUST FOR THE SAKE OF WRITING SOMETHING THERE.
NOW, IF LETS SAY I APPLY, GET AN INTERVIEW, WHAT SHOULD I SAY TO THE IMMIGRATION PEOPLE WHEN THEY ASK THE REASON TO IMMIGRATE TO QUEBEC BECAUSE IF I GET NOMINATED, I SHALL LIKE TO SETTLE IN MONTREAL AND LIVE THERE.
CAN SOMEONE THOUGH PLEASE HELP ME.
ANYBODY FROM PAST EXPERIENCE AS WELL AS CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW HARD IT IS TO GET THROUGH THE QUEBEC IMMIGRATION.
I SPOKE TO A FEW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN AND THEY ALL ADVISED ME MY FRENCH WAS VERY GOOD, JUTS A FEW GRAMMAR PROBLEMS.
BUT THEY SAID I SPEAK BETTER FRENCH THAN EVEN SOME PEOPLE IN QUEBEC DO.
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ADVISE ME ON THIS.
I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR HELP.
THANKS.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are special rules about applying for immigration to Quebec nation. I don't think you can apply for FSW and Quebec FSW at the same time. You can try to figure out how much processing time you have left on your FSW, depending on where you live and if Quebec FSW would be faster. Then you could cancel your FSW and apply again for Quebec FSW. If you want to stay with your application, land in Toronto or whereever not in Quebec, then move to Quebec right away.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Dont think Toronto and Montreal are the same,You are dealing with 2 different nations with their own Immigration,Quebec is recognized as a nation within a united Canada,As such it controls its own immigration,Make up your mind are you going to Quebec or are you going to Canada???

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
i did contact a lawyer at campbell cohen and he advised me that i can apply both places.
well, i would much prefer to move to montreal because i believe this is one of the best economies around.
before i wanted to move to toronto but then thought if quebec can be faster, then i might as well just stay in quebec should they nominate me.
but i am sure one can apply both federal and quebec.
i asked, in fact, 2 lawyers about this and got confirmation.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then go for it. I had thought they were both federal but I guess the Quebec FSW is more like a PNP. Do you think it will be faster for you to go to QSW?

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
yes leon definitely quebec could nominate me as a provincial nominee.
yes it is faster to go through quebec also.tell us a bit more abt u ?
r u in canada already ?

hallie

May 5, 2008
Hi ocanada,

Looks like we're still on the same path, with you a few months ahead! Good luck.

When I spoke to the Campbell Cohen people about this, it seemed that you do the following:
1. Submit FSW (which, like you, I've done now)
2. Apply for CSQ
3. IF CSQ is successful, WITHDRAW the FSW application and make a new admission application based on CSQ.

I'd guess they could ask that in the CSQ interview. I guess tell the truth. For me, Toronto is the 'safe' choice, where I already have the seeds of a social network, but Montreal is where I'd rather live. i think :)

Bonne chance!
H

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ocanada said:
yes leon definitely quebec could nominate me as a provincial nominee.
yes it is faster to go through quebec also.tell us a bit more abt u ?
r u in canada already ?
Yes, for a long time. Here's my timeline:

Oct 2000 - sent in my FSW to the London office
Jan 2001 - received AOR telling me my processing could take 12-15 months
Apr 2001 - received request for medicals
Jul 2001 - received my visa valid for entry until summer 2002
Jan 2002 - landed in Toronto
Feb 2006 - applied for citizenship
Mar 2006 - received AOR for citizenship application
Jun 2008 - received notice to appear for test on June 25
Aug 2008 - received notice to appear for oath ceremony on Aug 14

ocanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2008
HALLIE URGENT REPLY

HALLIE, WHAT HAVE U STUDIED ?
I DID MY ACCA PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION HERE IN THE UK SINCE THREE YEARS AND MY ACCA LEVEL 3 IS EQUIVALENT TO A MASTERS DEGREE.
HOWEVER, I AM WANTING TO USE THAT ACCA TO IMMIGRATE TO QUEBEC BUT DONT KNOW HOW MANY POINTS SHOULD I GIVE MYSELF.
I ASKED MY IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT AND SHE IS ASKING FOR SEPARATE FEES IF SHE IS TO PROCESS THE APPLICATION.
TALK ABOUT PEOPLE BEING HUNGRY FOR MONEY AS IF WE ARE LOADED HERE.
ANYWAYS , REGARDING WORK EXPERIENCE, AM OK.
WORKED FULL TIME AND PART TIME SINCE I WAS 16 AS A ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT/BOOKKEEPER, SO I GOT ABOUT 4 YEARS FT AND PT WORK EXPERIENCE AND THEN WHEN I WAS 20, I CAME TO DO MY ACCA IN UK.
CAN SOMEONE ADVISED ME REGARDING THIS.
I CAN PROVE MY ACCA IS MASTERS LEVEL EQUIVALENT ALSO SINCE IN UK, IF U IMMIGRATE USING THE ACCA, U CAN OBTAIN 35POINTS FOR THAT ONLY.
ANYWAYS, CAN SOMEONE LET ME KNOW.
ALSO HALLIE, HOW IS YOUR FRENCH.
ARE U ADVANCED, VERY ADVANCED OR BASIC AND WHAT LEVEL OF FRENCH DO THEY REQUIRE ?
MY FRENCH IS VERY GOOD, EXCEPT SOME GRAMMAR SINCE I HAVENT PRACTISED SINCE 2001 BUT I DO READ PAPERS IN FRENCH.
HOPE IT HELPS.
PLEASE ANSWER ME ASAP IF YOU CAN.
THANK YOU
OCANADA :)