+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Escaping from Ukraine

12345ukr

Mar 5, 2014
Hello!

I would like to ask you about proper way of going to Canada from Ukraine..Within this situation out there...I'm afraid about my life and future...

The thing is that I live now in Eastern Ukraine and...well, it feels like we are about at war. For now, I'm temporary living in Kyiv, but still will have to return to hometown. This small town in Donetsk region already declared itself pro-Russian and its only a matter of time, when Russia will conquer this land and will make people to receive Russian passports...I cannot stay in Ukraine any longer.

I would like to start everything from the beginning in Canada. To obey the Law and to the Government, pay taxes, etc. I also would like to find a job (that is what I'm doing right now).

I'm 23 and currently working in the state bank on a position of Risk-manager. 7 times I participated in different summer schools or EU projects (may be this is will be needed as an argument why I chose Canada). There is also another issue: I'm gay. And for me to live in Ukraine is....problematic, to be honest. It's like "Hide yourself or die"..

I'm desperately ask for help in this - in finding a way to start a new life without fear...I'm only 23...and I don't want to spend my life at war...or under dictatorship of Russia.

Thank you very much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Canada's immigration programs are described in detail in the link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/apply.asp

You'll have to spend some time reading through each program to see if you qualify to apply.

Note that you do not qualify to apply as a refugee.

encantado

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12345ukr said:
Hello!

I would like to ask you about proper way of going to Canada from Ukraine..Within this situation out there...I'm afraid about my life and future...

The thing is that I live now in Eastern Ukraine and...well, it feels like we are about at war. For now, I'm temporary living in Kyiv, but still will have to return to hometown. This small town in Donetsk region already declared itself pro-Russian and its only a matter of time, when Russia will conquer this land and will make people to receive Russian passports...I cannot stay in Ukraine any longer.

I would like to start everything from the beginning in Canada. To obey the Law and to the Government, pay taxes, etc. I also would like to find a job (that is what I'm doing right now).

I'm 23 and currently working in the state bank on a position of Risk-manager. 7 times I participated in different summer schools or EU projects (may be this is will be needed as an argument why I chose Canada). There is also another issue: I'm gay. And for me to live in Ukraine is....problematic, to be honest. It's like "Hide yourself or die"..

I'm desperately ask for help in this - in finding a way to start a new life without fear...I'm only 23...and I don't want to spend my life at war...or under dictatorship of Russia.

Thank you very much!
Stop telling weird things. Nobody wants to conquer Ukraine. And nobody makes u to obtain Russian passport. Move to the western part of your country and start new life there, obey law and pay taxes there. Your fear is not a ground to obtain refugee status in Canada.

Anonymous1234

Feb 27, 2014
I'm originally from Kiev, Ukraine living in Canada for few years. I agree with encantado. Situation in Ukraine is not as bad to make a refugee claim. You could use regular immigration programs to get to Canada like other people do.

key78

Star Member
Aug 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
encantado said:
Stop telling weird things. Nobody wants to conquer Ukraine. And nobody makes u to obtain Russian passport. Move to the western part of your country and start new life there, obey law and pay taxes there. Your fear is not a ground to obtain refugee status in Canada.
I think you are like this real life..telling people what to do and what not to do. Take care of your personal matter before telling people what to do in their life.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
key78 said:
I think you are like this real life..telling people what to do and what not to do. Take care of your personal matter before telling people what to do in their life.
No one has posted to this thread in almost three years. Please don't bump old threads.