+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: Employment Documents

hapi

Nov 14, 2015
Hi All,

I am just wondering if the following documents is really required for the express entry? Because my problem is how to ask these documents from my current employer without jeopardizing my current job... :(
1. Reference Letter
2. Certificate of Employment
3. Detailed Jon Description

Hoping for any advise..

Thank you

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
Sometime cic call/visit employers to verify the job duties,salary etc
So, i would suggest you to tell the truth to your employer. In this case, if cic will visit your employer then they would be able to answer instead of getting surprize.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hapi said:
Hi All,

I am just wondering if the following documents is really required for the express entry? Because my problem is how to ask these documents from my current employer without jeopardizing my current job... :(
1. Reference Letter
2. Certificate of Employment
3. Detailed Jon Description

Hoping for any advise..

Thank you
It is very much required. CIC goes by the document that you submit and hence having your roles and responsibilities listed out that matches the chose NOC is very important.

Go thru this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE79hudQ8nk

Ultimate_One

Star Member
Sep 2, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
7-11-2015
Med's Done....
30-10-2015
Passport Req..
16-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2016
Hi guys I forgot to attach one file with my PR application which i already submited online..its just a scan of one page of a certain document which is absolutely necessary...how can i send it and tell them to attach with my application??

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Ultimate_One said:
Hi guys I forgot to attach one file with my PR application which i already submited online..its just a scan of one page of a certain document which is absolutely necessary...how can i send it and tell them to attach with my application??
Case specific inquiry is your best bet. No guarantees though

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

hapi

Nov 14, 2015
Thanks for the advise.. :D

Our HR ask to where to address the letter.. Is it okay to address to the Canadian Embassy?

Aside from that, HR also asking the main reason of issuing such certification and Job description.. Should i inform them that im applying for an immigrant? Because you see, im currently under contract with this company and this contract is renewable every 2yrs and next yr is my 4th yr. Im afraid that because they will know that I have plans to migrate to Canada, they will not renew my contract... :'(

MooseNBooze

Nov 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2016
Doc's Request.
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
LANDED..........
25-12-2016
hapi said:
Thanks for the advise.. :D

Our HR ask to where to address the letter.. Is it okay to address to the Canadian Embassy?

Aside from that, HR also asking the main reason of issuing such certification and Job description.. Should i inform them that im applying for an immigrant? Because you see, im currently under contract with this company and this contract is renewable every 2yrs and next yr is my 4th yr. Im afraid that because they will know that I have plans to migrate to Canada, they will not renew my contract... :'(
hapi, your dilemma is interesting. I assume you're working at a U.S. company or at a place with similar hierarchy/corporate structure. If you're in the U.S. right now, I suggest that you approach your HR and your supervisors the following way - "hey guys, there's this thing called EB green cards that you can sponsor me for. I need permanency in my life. As of now, I am vulnerable to arbitrary changes to the country's immigration laws. So I am exploring Canada's skills based green card system where they give green cards to highly skilled people. This is a long shot for me but I need a letter from you guys verifying my employment and job duties. Please make sucha reference letter available to me asap" (undertone at this point - they are legally required to issue such a letter).

The above approach should work for any other place besides thr U.S. The key thing is not to antagonize your current employer. The next thing to do is to subtly make them understand you're bargaining for a better pay/position. Finally, you should stress that this Canada application takes over a year to process and thst you're just throwing out an application just to see how it goes and that you have no incentive to move unless you find a similar position there (throw in some jokes abt your cousin or uncle working at a restaurant in Toronto and how they're telling you it's not worth it). Just humanize your situation and be honest abt what you're doing (well, don't be too honest, pepper your story witha bit of melodrama like I suggest).

Best wishes to you.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just remember you can make it easier on yourself by suggesting you draft the letter and they review and sign it. I would check your NOC code to ensure your job responsibilities are compatible with those on the NOC code.

Then you can mention (as part of your broader conversation with your employers HR) that you will be drafting the letter. Remember to include that the job is 'full time, non-seasonal and permanent' (if this is the case). Also your supervisor/managers name, and your annual compensation.

ajayy

Nov 15, 2015
Hi guys I am new to this group... I need your help...

I have applied in EE but my mistake my current employment
is not entered. I am working with an MNC from last more than
2years. Before that I was working under a CA. In my
Profile my current employment is not entered. My previous
Employment is shown as my current one in my profile.

Kindly help what to do now????

Should I delete my EE account and open a new one???

Will they be able to match the data from my deleted
Account with new one??

Kindly suggest...

I will not be able to produce documents of my previous employment.

hapi

Nov 14, 2015
MooseNBooze said:
hapi, your dilemma is interesting. I assume you're working at a U.S. company or at a place with similar hierarchy/corporate structure. If you're in the U.S. right now, I suggest that you approach your HR and your supervisors the following way - "hey guys, there's this thing called EB green cards that you can sponsor me for. I need permanency in my life. As of now, I am vulnerable to arbitrary changes to the country's immigration laws. So I am exploring Canada's skills based green card system where they give green cards to highly skilled people. This is a long shot for me but I need a letter from you guys verifying my employment and job duties. Please make sucha reference letter available to me asap" (undertone at this point - they are legally required to issue such a letter).

The above approach should work for any other place besides thr U.S. The key thing is not to antagonize your current employer. The next thing to do is to subtly make them understand you're bargaining for a better pay/position. Finally, you should stress that this Canada application takes over a year to process and thst you're just throwing out an application just to see how it goes and that you have no incentive to move unless you find a similar position there (throw in some jokes abt your cousin or uncle working at a restaurant in Toronto and how they're telling you it's not worth it). Just humanize your situation and be honest abt what you're doing (well, don't be too honest, pepper your story witha bit of melodrama like I suggest).

Best wishes to you.
Thank you soo much for your advise. I'll try your suggestion.. :)