+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help--Employee or contractor? Under CEC

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm a PGWP holder with a Master degree (Not From Ontario). I'm currently in Toronto. Just several days ago, I received one job offer from a placement company, which will provide IT training (paid) and then place the trainees to its clients. I double checked with the HR in that company, she said the trainees would be the employees of the placement company, but would be a contractor with their clients.

Further, I asked her whether the company would provide the employment letter and the reference letter to me, she said yes. And the company will issue T4 to me as well.

I don't know whether I would be regarded as an employee or a contractor? I'm planning to go with EE under CEC category.

Please help me to clarify this issue. Thank you so much.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
DannyBo said:
I'm a PGWP holder with a Master degree (Not From Ontario). I'm currently in Toronto. Just several days ago, I received one job offer from a placement company, which will provide IT training (paid) and then place the trainees to its clients. I double checked with the HR in that company, she said the trainees would be the employees of the placement company, but would be a contractor with their clients.

Further, I asked her whether the company would provide the employment letter and the reference letter to me, she said yes. And the company will issue T4 to me as well.

I don't know whether I would be regarded as an employee or a contractor? I'm planning to go with EE under CEC category.

Please help me to clarify this issue. Thank you so much.
You would be an employee of the agency. You could also be seen as a contractor by the client company. But the important part is that you would not be self-employed.

DannyBo

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
jes_ON said:
You would be an employee of the agency. You could also be seen as a contractor by the client company. But the important part is that you would not be self-employed.
Hi
I'm sure I won't be self-employed. The agency will provide T4 and benefits. So Can I understand that I will be safe for the requirement of CEC? Thx

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DannyBo said:
Hi
I'm sure I won't be self-employed. The agency will provide T4 and benefits. So Can I understand that I will be safe for the requirement of CEC? Thx
Yes, you're fine.