Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
Hello!

I am 21 years old and already finished my college degree in Psychology back in the Philippines and I really want to have a canadian diploma.

My questions are:

1. Can I go to any university and start as freshman again?

2. Is it possible to have Canadian High School diploma (even if it means going to high school again or an adult high school?)

3. What options should i take? can you recommend some?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello!

I am 21 years old and already finished my college degree in Psychology back in the Philippines and I really want to have a canadian diploma.

My questions are:

2. Is it possible to have Canadian High School diploma (even if it means going to high school again or an adult high school?)

1. Yes.
2. I don't know why you would do this. It will cost you around $15K per year to attend high school in Canada. You won't be able to work while you study and you won't qualify for a work permit after you finish. This education won't be of any help in immigrating to Canada. There's really no point studying in Canada unless you do it at the post secondary level.
3. I'm not sure I understand this question.

ryosuzuki

Star Member
Aug 5, 2018
Med's Request
September 2017
Med's Done....
November 2017
Passport Req..
October 05 2018
1. Yes.
2. I don't know why you would do this. It will cost you around $15K per year to attend high school in Canada. You won't be able to work while you study and you won't qualify for a work permit after you finish. This education won't be of any help in immigrating to Canada. There's really no point studying in Canada unless you do it at the post secondary level.
3. I'm not sure I understand this question.
Do you know the usual process in attending university in canada as an immigrant?

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hello!

My questions are:

I think one of the things you should consider here is the cost of this. Canada is a VERY expensive place to live; we have to PAY for Free health care in taxes. The cost of the visa is $300 and then international rates at school; 16K per year, food and residence 8K a year, plus the Government requires you have approx 2K month living costs, remember health insurance at the schools (it may be inexpensive). This money MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE YOU COME IN FULL (the entire amount for 3 years in one chunk). You must also sign a document that you will leave when school is done (staying in Canada after school is quite possible but you must meet all the requirements and have a LMIA and have worked for several years in Canada. Sixty % of our population have a degree or diploma so you will have LOTS of competition. The Government checks to see you are properly funded and you have adequate money. In addition your bank account is investigated back home to make sure the money is YOURS. IT can not be borrowed. You must pass IELTS with adequate marks. You are really looking at 40-70K a year or about 120-200K for the whole three years. You can reduce the tuition a bit by going to a place like Memorial University in the Atlantic area. It is still an excellent university. You are only allowed to work 20 HOURS PER WEEK and IT MUST BE ON CAMPUS.
This may be useful:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/after-graduation/eligibility.html

Last edited: