+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help!!!!...Desparately need good advice regarding Visa and Masters Admission !

redwitch1987

Aug 31, 2012
Hello Everyone :)

New Here. :)

I completed my Bachelor in Arts ( Subjects- General English, Functional English, History and Culture of Panjab, Sociology and elective English) in 2010 with 57%. Currently I'm doing a 1 year PG Diploma in Social Work from IGNOU. Its a one year diploma. I really love the health aspect of Social Work plus I also love research.I scored around 56% in class 10th and around 66% in class 12th.

Therefore I want to pursue Masters in Public Health but unfortunately Indian universities doesn't offer Masters in Public Health to students from a non science background, however Canada does. Therefore I want to go Canada to do MPH. Plus a Canadian degree is very much valued in India. I'm thinking about taking a partial loan against FDs or property.

There are two major problems which I will probably face_ :(

1. Getting into a good university with a three year degree and low GPA. However I'm pretty certain that I'll score well in my IELTS and GRE.

2. I'm afraid that my Visa might get rejected since I'm from a non science background and yet am applying to a programme somewhat related to science.

What shall I do ? What are my options? One of the counselors I met suggested that I should apply to some other course. But I don't want to do so since I'm only going to Canada because the path I want to choose inst available in India. Also please suggest some good , genuine study abroad consultants in Delhi.Plz plz plz help me !!!!

ali449

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Re: Desparately need good advice regarding Visa and Masters Admission !

Bro first of all dun meet with consutants because they always think about their own benefits.Yes you have a background from arts but consult with seniour member of this forum like momi bhai ,inam bhai,arslan zahid ,hassan khan .Thry ll guide you properly .

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012

1. If u score good in GRE and IELTS it will add to your case, but previous academics also counts.
2. If you change you field in proposed course following things can help you.

a. You are currently doing job in the proposed field.
b. Your proposed course is the demand of your current Job.
c. You have got previous education in the same field.
d. You are admitted to a very high standing school.
and
e. You can write an SOP explaining your situation...........

redwitch1987

Aug 31, 2012

ali449 said:
Bro first of all dun meet with consutants because they always think about their own benefits.Yes you have a background from arts but consult with seniour member of this forum like momi bhai ,inam bhai,arslan zahid ,hassan khan .Thry ll guide you properly .

Yeah you are absolutely right about consultants. No body I spoke to has adequate knowledge regarding education in Canada. I felt as if they were promoting UK and Australia. I saw timeout a you tube video on Canam website regarding education in Canada and was pretty impressed. I thought that they would be able to counsel well but unfortunately that wasn't the case.

And thanks I'll definitely do that. :)

redwitch1987

Aug 31, 2012

momi said:
1. If u score good in GRE and IELTS it will add to your case, but previous academics also counts.
2. If you change you field in proposed course following things can help you.

a. You are currently doing job in the proposed field.
b. Your proposed course is the demand of your current Job.
c. You have got previous education in the same field.
d. You are admitted to a very high standing school.
and
e. You can write an SOP explaining your situation...........
Hey :)

Thanks a ton , I'm definitely going to work on my GRE, IELTS and SOP . Really hope it works :) In the meantime I'll try to gain some experience in health sector as well :)