+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help! delayed work permit processing inside canada :(

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
hi guys! is there any applicant here like me who's still waiting for work permit? i'm a live in caregiver who applied for a 2nd employer last july 17. but it has bees 65 days and no news yet. i'm really worried i might get refused. i called the customer service twice last week but they said it's not on their record yet. i dont really know what to do. my new employer is still waiting and i dont wanna lose this opportunity . could you give me some advices there? it would be a great help. thanks!

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Did u apply online or by paper?

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Then if they still do not have it in their records are u sure it reached them? Try to make sure the package reached them, coz once it is reached it goes into the records in three weeks and then they start processing

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
prashanthbv said:
Then if they still do not have it in their records are u sure it reached them? Try to make sure the package reached them, coz once it is reached it goes into the records in three weeks and then they start processing
i'm sorry but i'm a little bit confused. do you mean when i called the customer service and they said its not yet on their record ,my application might not yet received? but how is that when they asked for my information verification and my id ,my profile appeared on their data?thanks so much ..

prashanthbv

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2015
Oh did they mention that they have your file with you? Then sorry, i understood wrong

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
prashanthbv said:
Oh did they mention that they have your file with you? Then sorry, i understood wrong
that's ok i think i should verify it again.if you still have some advises regarding work permits, please dont hesitate to share, im really desperate right now. thanks ..

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
Hi I applied for a work permit under live in caregiver from within Canada October 6th. when you say you called customer service where did you call? Just getting an idea on ho long mine will take. i mailed it to the New York Vac. received an email on the 6th with a tracking number and when i do that its says received and under consideration. i'm assuming you have that so I'm just confused by what they mean not on their record

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
lottieh1 said:
Hi I applied for a work permit under live in caregiver from within Canada October 6th. when you say you called customer service where did you call? Just getting an idea on ho long mine will take. i mailed it to the New York Vac. received an email on the 6th with a tracking number and when i do that its says received and under consideration. i'm assuming you have that so I'm just confused by what they mean not on their record
hi did you apply by papers? i just called the customer service a while ago and thank god it has been approve! it took 67 working days thats why i felt so anxious.i used their hotline number on cic's website :)

lottieh1

Aug 2, 2012
yeah mailed my application to the new oAC. Did your 67 days include weekends or is that just work days? congrats as well :)

annabel04

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
lottieh1 said:
yeah mailed my application to the new oAC. Did your 67 days include weekends or is that just work days? congrats as well :)
weekend is excluded on my counting. my agency told me that its a case to case basis. usually only one officer per applicant processes the package. cause of delay might because of vacation of the officer.