+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help defeat the Conservatives for Bill C-24 (Federal Elections - October 19th)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Wow @ dpenabill... you are quite passionate about this election. I was just reading cbc news and the level of passion shown by Canadians this year I've never noticed. From acronyms like "ABC" (anybody but conservative) to people actively sharing info about getting out the vote, turn out will likely be huge. Good for democracy I guess.
But... looking at the alternatives, there are still concerns:

1. Liberals - they have had some scandals too, their immigration record is not any better. I would say worse relative to the Cons, as far as implementing laws that actually help foreign students and workers. If I had to pick an impressive Immigration Minister, I'd say Jason Kenney was it. While I do not agree with certain parts of the new Citizenship law, etc, having experienced Immigration under both parties, I'd take the Cons. I also do not believe any party will amend the new citizenship laws despite promises.
- corporate interests - not much difference between both parties in my opinion. I see this with the lib gov't in my province giving money to Royal Bank to "create jobs" or whatever while the bank posts record profits. While they have ensured some workers will no longer receive retirement allowances they have reduced the time MLAs qualify for their full pension from 5 to 2 yrs.
- taxes - all the promises to give "tax breaks" to the middle class... how exactly are they going to pay for this when there is a deficit? I can only guess taxes will be raised somewhere/on someone to pay for this.

2. NDP - I think they are required to pay back about 1 million dollars too? I worry about their closeness with unions. They have also promised a lot, but how will they pay for this without raising taxes? I recall my province had a 13% HST until a NDP gov't came in, ran a deficit and increased it to 15%. Not so sure I want them at the Federal level. I'm not making a distinction about federal and provincial politics - just looking at the parties regardless of level of gov't. No idea what their immigration platform is except seeing a suggestion for the gov't to accept more refugees.

3. Green party - I think their leader is very impressive but not sure they have a realistic chance of forming gov't.

I don't see anything that convinces me the other parties will be any different from the Cons yet. I think a minority gov't of Cons-Liberals or Cons-NDP or Cons-Green party would be better for Canada. This will ensure no one party is ramming through legislation and will need to consult/make concessions in order to pass legislation.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Honestly I don't even know why there are people (or party) called "Conservatives" in the 21st century. It is as lame as it sounds.

turboracer

Jul 20, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
conservatives are not coming for sure dont you folks worry

recent polls says ndp will come

so basically :)