+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP: CRS Point miscalculation - Should I Withdraw CEC PR application?

YYZAviator

May 4, 2020
Hi everyone first time poster. I would really appreciate if someone with experience could please help me!!

I got an ITA on April 9th 2019. My points were 470 and the cutoff was 464. I submitted all my docs. + paid fees on April 29th.

I am now reading the forum and it seems that the CRS calculator inceased my score by 13 points before me actually hitting the 2 years of canadian work experience. My 2nd year will comence on May 28th. I naively overlooked this when completing the application. I just thought that I entered the correct info on the system and I got and ITA then I should be good to apply! Now upon reading the forums, it turns out that if I apply before my actual 2 years of work experience this could be an automatic reason for refusal as without the extra 13 points my score will fall under the cutoff. :(

My questions are:
  1. Should I withdraw my application? or will VO consider that I am month short but still employeed in a full time permanent position? - I attached offer letter
  2. If I withdraw, would I get a full refund? my application is NOT being processed yet
  3. How long will I have to wait to be able to enter a profile in the pool again?
Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi everyone first time poster. I would really appreciate if someone with experience could please help me!!

I got an ITA on April 9th 2019. My points were 470 and the cutoff was 464. I submitted all my docs. + paid fees on April 29th.

I am now reading the forum and it seems that the CRS calculator inceased my score by 13 points before me actually hitting the 2 years of canadian work experience. My 2nd year will comence on May 28th. I naively overlooked this when completing the application. I just thought that I entered the correct info on the system and I got and ITA then I should be good to apply! Now upon reading the forums, it turns out that if I apply before my actual 2 years of work experience this could be an automatic reason for refusal as without the extra 13 points my score will fall under the cutoff. :(

My questions are:
  1. Should I withdraw my application? or will VO consider that I am month short but still employeed in a full time permanent position? - I attached offer letter
  2. If I withdraw, would I get a full refund? my application is NOT being processed yet
  3. How long will I have to wait to be able to enter a profile in the pool again?
1. Send them updated employment letter through web forms when you complete 2 years. Maybe along with a LOE.
2. You get full refund if processing is not started yet.
3. There is no wait. (I had 3 active profiles once) Doesn't matter.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
1. Send them updated employment letter through web forms when you complete 2 years. Maybe along with a LOE.

Hi there, just curious on no.3. I thought you can only have one profile. Here's my case, I got ITA last Apr 9, I want to create another profile though to correct some info pre-ITA. Is it possible to create on the same GIC account and same email?

YYZAviator

May 4, 2020
Hi there, just curious
thank you! ! !

I decided to go on the safe side and sent a request to withdraw.

I tried to submit a new EE profile and now the system tells me: you already have an application in progress!

Does someone know how long will it take for CIC / IRCC to complete the withdrawal? The agent who helped me said that my case was at the Sidney Centralized Intake office.

It seems like I will be screwed without any possibility to create a new profile before they close this one? After what’s going on with COVID I am scared that it my take months before they see my request :(

Also, are there any chances for the officers to deny my withdrawal request?

thank you all for your Help!

YYZAviator

May 4, 2020
I decided to go on the safe side and sent a request to withdraw.

I tried to submit a new EE profile and now the system tells me: you already have an application in progress!

Does someone know how long will it take for CIC / IRCC to complete the withdrawal? The agent who helped me said that my case was at the Sidney Centralized Intake office.

It seems like I will be screwed without any possibility to create a new profile before they close this one? After what’s going on with COVID I am scared that it my take months before they see my request :(

Also, are there any chances for the officers to deny my withdrawal request?

thank you all for your Help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

My questions are:

1. IRCC system calculates the duration in months and years. So if you are a few days / weeks short of meeting the year, you may be awarded points for it without actually having completed the actual year. However, it is the applicant's responsibility to ensure they meet the program requirements for which they apply.

2. Your fee will be refunded if the processing of your application has not yet begun. See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=613&top=4

3. You can immediately make a new profile, there is no waiting time.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......

My questions are:
Since you've already submitted your application and paid the fees you could certainly attempt to get a refund but this might no be feasible.

My best advise would be to, as soon as you hit the 2 year mark (and have completed 3120 hours), I would get an updated letter from your employer and any additional paystubs and related documentation and submit this through a webform with an explanation of your oversight.

It is impossible to know what the outcome will be, but this can certainly help you avoid this, Though no one can say for sure.

Reactions: YYZAviator

OldBoy31

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
Hi there, just curious on no.3. I thought you can only have one profile. Here's my case, I got ITA last Apr 9, I want to create another profile though to correct some info pre-ITA. Is it possible to create on the same GIC account and same email?
You can have multiple profiles active in the same account. This is pre-ITA.

YYZAviator

May 4, 2020
Since you've already submitted your application and paid the fees you could certainly attempt to get a refund but this might no be feasible.

My best advise would be to, as soon as you hit the 2 year mark (and have completed 3120 hours), I would get an updated letter from your employer and any additional paystubs and related documentation and submit this through a webform with an explanation of your oversight.

It is impossible to know what the outcome will be, but this can certainly help you avoid this, Though no one can say for sure.
thank youWolfpmd3!

would this even work after submitted the withdrawal request? Or is it too late now? I sent a request to the CSE agent and they have forwarded it to the visa office! :(

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Why not send them an updated work reference dated May 28? That would ensure you meet the 2 year experience mark.

Should have waited until May 28 to submit your PR application ideally, but i don't see this as such an issue.

aramab

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019

My questions are:
Hello I am also stuck in same condition,what happened to your profile.Are you able to create new one ?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
This won't help. The OP did not meet the requirements for the CRS score at the time of application. It does not matter what happens after.

To the OP, you have done the right thing by requesting the withdrawal, you should be able to submit a new profile shortly.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Why not send them an updated work reference dated May 28? That would ensure you meet the 2 year experience mark.

Should have waited until May 28 to submit your PR application ideally, but i don't see this as such an issue.
And yet, it is an issue - IRCC makes the rules. The CRS will be recalculated based on the date of the eAPR was submitted, and the OP will not reach the required score, The application will be refused.

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Well, he received the ITA within a period which provided the 60 days to apply that would have covered the time frame needed to fulfill the requirements.

I think he can submit the updated work reference as per May 28 and see where the chips fall.

I don't think they will nickle and dime his work experience if they know he has fulfilled the requirement post-eAPR.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
This won't help. The OP did not meet the requirements for the CRS score at the time of application. It does not matter what happens after.

To the OP, you have done the right thing by requesting the withdrawal, you should be able to submit a new profile shortly.
Exactly, however, since the fees were already paid and the application submitted I made this suggestion - just in case.

Might as well try given that the OP will have already spent several hundred dollars.