+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! COPR with wrong marital status

javaw

Apr 26, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I just got my COPR today but it has the wrong marital status. I submitted a webform last August to inform that I got married with a Canadian citizen. In that webform I attached the marriage certificate and my spouse birth certificate and passport.

Last October just before they issued PPR I got an email saying that they were processing the documents that I provided with the webform so I thought they just changed my marital status. But just to confirm the change...the same day I got PPR I sent a second webform with the same documents. I waited for a month to get a reply but because my PPR was expiring in a couple days I submitted my passport and got COPR...but surprise in the the COPR it says SINGLE.

I just don't know what to do...I sent 2 webforms and got PPR and COPR after they told me they reviewed the documents. I tried to call IRCC a lot of times during the last month but it was impossible to talk with an agent.

Should I submit a third webform and wait? Can I use the COPR even when it says SINGLE because my spouse doesn't need to be sponsored?

Last edited: