+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help !!Child Born in USA to PR parents (Indian Passport Holders)

praikdeshmukh1987

Star Member
Sep 27, 2017
Hi,

I am planning to do my soft landing in November 2018 for 2 days after which i shall return to my job in USA (valid till 2020) and then move permanently to Canada in the year 2020 after my H1b expires.
I have the following Questions:
1).If i have a child in USA in the meantime will child? be able to come to canada with us when we move on visitor visa based on his US passport (or will there be an issue)
2).Is there additional documentation that is required apart from the visitor visa then?
3).Will we have to get in touch with Canada Embassy or CIC if we have a child lets say in 2019.
4).Will we be able to start the childs PR process from USA (while i am working on H1b).
5).Will we have access to canada healthcare once child comes with us to canada?
6).If lets say we have a child in canada , lets say within one month of moving to canada in 2020 will we receive any benefits from the government or is there a 3 month rule ?

Any help will be reatly appreciated.
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

I am planning to do my soft landing in November 2018 for 2 days after which i shall return to my job in USA (valid till 2020) and then move permanently to Canada in the year 2020 after my H1b expires.
I have the following Questions:
1).If i have a child in USA in the meantime will child? be able to come to canada with us when we move on visitor visa based on his US passport (or will there be an issue)
2).Is there additional documentation that is required apart from the visitor visa then?
3).Will we have to get in touch with Canada Embassy or CIC if we have a child lets say in 2019.
4).Will we be able to start the childs PR process from USA (while i am working on H1b).
5).Will we have access to canada healthcare once child comes with us to canada?
6).If lets say we have a child in canada , lets say within one month of moving to canada in 2020 will we receive any benefits from the government or is there a 3 month rule ?

Any help will be reatly appreciated.
Thanks
Hi

1. Yes, the child can come to Canada as a visitor.

2. Not to come as a visitor.

3. No.

4. No. As PRs, you must be living in Canada to sponsor.

5. You and your spouse will be covered, subject to any wait period. Your child may or may not get coverage, depending on the province.

6. Some provinces have wait periods for healthcare, some don't.