+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help !!! Cheque for immigration returned by the immigration department at Delhi.

rajeshnpai

Jul 23, 2012
Goa, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,
Last year I had applied for the Canadian permanent resident card when I was studying in Vancouver.
After graduation I came back to my home country India and I was following up with the immigration process from here.

The other day I got a letter from CIC that I need to provide a police clearance, go through a health checkup, pay the right or permanent residency fee and submit my passport to the Canadian high commission in India.
While checking how much the right of permanent resident fee was I noticed that the website said that I need to pay a sum of 56 Rs as processing fees. I wrote a cheque for that amount and added it to the paperwork that I sent to the immigration office in new delhi but the other day I got a letter from the immigration office saying that the amount is incorrect.

I am not sure how to proceed with this. The people at the bank said that the cheque is proper and there is no reason it should not have been accepted.

Does anyone know anything about this. I spoke to a few of my friends who have immigrated to Canada and they said that they didn't need to pay any money as processing fees. Im really confused and I also cant find the link to the Canadian immigration website that mentioned that i need to pay an extra 56 Rs as processing fees. Can anyone help me with this ?

Rawat anil

May 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 jan 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2012
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
12 July 2012
Med's Done....
02 Aug 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11 oct 2012 DM on 15 oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
22 nov 2012
LANDED..........
16 jan 2013
normally they ask for Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) with the medical which is 490 canadian dollar per adult.

check the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

hope it help.

rajeshnpai said:
Hi everyone,
Last year I had applied for the Canadian permanent resident card when I was studying in Vancouver.
After graduation I came back to my home country India and I was following up with the immigration process from here.

The other day I got a letter from CIC that I need to provide a police clearance, go through a health checkup, pay the right or permanent residency fee and submit my passport to the Canadian high commission in India.
While checking how much the right of permanent resident fee was I noticed that the website said that I need to pay a sum of 56 Rs as processing fees. I wrote a cheque for that amount and added it to the paperwork that I sent to the immigration office in new delhi but the other day I got a letter from the immigration office saying that the amount is incorrect.

I am not sure how to proceed with this. The people at the bank said that the cheque is proper and there is no reason it should not have been accepted.

Does anyone know anything about this. I spoke to a few of my friends who have immigrated to Canada and they said that they didn't need to pay any money as processing fees. Im really confused and I also cant find the link to the Canadian immigration website that mentioned that i need to pay an extra 56 Rs as processing fees. Can anyone help me with this ?

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajeshnpai said:
Hi everyone,
I wrote a cheque for that amount and added it to the paperwork that I sent to the immigration office in new delhi but the other day I got a letter from the immigration office saying that the amount is incorrect.
There are 2 types of cheques
1. Personal cheque- not accepted by the visa offices
2. Bankers cheque( bank draft)- accepted.

RPRF is $490
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp
You can send the bank draft of $490 (CAD) now.

babbu.mann

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2012
Brampton-ON
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC-2011
LANDED..........
November 2012
you can pay either $490 or Rs 25,970 as a landing fees from NDVO.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/pr_fees-frais_rp.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

go to a decent bank like HDFC,ICICI or SBI and ask for a DD in favor of Canadian High Commission payable at New Delhi of 25,970.

I hope that may be helpful

Rabb Rakha
Babbu

rajeshnpai said:
Hi everyone,