+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! CEC filed on 15 July 2014 but my work permit expires on 22 August 2014.

akansh16

Aug 15, 2014
CEC application was received by CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia on 15th July 2014. The work permit will expire on 22nd August 2014. I understand that I need AOR to extend my worker status through 'Bridging Work Permit' but most likely, I won't be getting AOR by 22nd August 2014. The application was complete as per 'CIC preferred' guidelines with Employer's reference letter from CIBC as 'Financial Sales Representative NOC: 6235', NOA from CRA, T4 and PCC.

What are my options?
Can I leave Canada without affecting my CEC PR application, which was applied within Canada?
Is Visitor permit a solution if I need to stay in Canada?

Please help me with your suggestions, views and experiences.
Thanks.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
akansh16 said:
CEC application was received by CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia on 15th July 2014. The work permit will expire on 22nd August 2014. I understand that I need AOR to extend my worker status through 'Bridging Work Permit' but most likely, I won't be getting AOR by 22nd August 2014. The application was complete as per 'CIC preferred' guidelines with Employer's reference letter from CIBC as 'Financial Sales Representative NOC: 6235', NOA from CRA, T4 and PCC.

What are my options?
Can I leave Canada without affecting my CEC PR application?

Thanks.
Can't assure 100% BUT
In this forum i have seen many cases where BOWP issued without AOR received , Just attach explanation letter in detail.

and one more thing apply only trough Online and as soon as you submitted online you can stay in Canada under implied status
There is no Problem to give it try :)

Good Luck

Thanks

kichha51

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Bangalore, India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10 Apr 2014
AOR Received.
05 May 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
22 May 2015
Med's Done....
01 Jun 2015
akansh16 said:

What are my options?
Can I leave Canada without affecting my CEC PR application, which was applied within Canada?

Thanks.
My suggestion is apply for BOWP through paper application. If you apply online that will be complete within 12 days and if the VO cannot find your AOR mostly your application will be rejected. If you apply through paper based application the processing time is 60 days. You will get more time to get the AOR. Weather you apply online or through paper you will get the eligibility to stay in Canada until the decision is made on your BOWP. Good Luck!

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
kichha51 said:
My suggestion is apply for BOWP through paper application. If you apply online that will be complete within 12 days and if the VO cannot find your AOR mostly your application will be rejected. If you apply through paper based application the processing time is 60 days. You will get more time to get the AOR. Weather you apply online or through paper you will get the eligibility to stay in Canada until the decision is made on your BOWP. Good Luck!
I am not sure because OP left with just 4 working days .
So whether implied status will count from the day of receive of BOWP form at CIC office or the day OP will drop forms to Fedex/Canada post.

Just consider Implied status starts from the day when CIC receive BOWP application and CIC receive application after 22nd aug for OP , then what ?

Not saying I am correct , these are the Q came to my mind so just fired :)

May be some seniors can help more on this

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
kichha51 said:
I will second this. I send my application a day before the expiry of my work permit in 2012 without the positive LMO and I had no issues.

Basically CIC looks at the date you send the application for renewal rather then the day the application is received at Vegreville.

If your application is ready I would still recommend to send it right away as I don't see any possibility that you will receive the AOR before August 22nd.

Here is the link for the covering letter: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-a-successful-bowp-application-t147650.30.html

Best of luck.

A.

bjyawc_xss

Nov 3, 2014
Hey I am having the exactly same situation. I got my AOR last week, I am just thinking to resubmit my bridge work permit application... Have you got your work permit?

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
I applied for CEC on 23rd July-14 and had my work permit expiring on 20th August-14. Sent in paper based BOWP application on 19th Aug-14 and it got approved. I got my AOR on 1st Oct-14 thus my BOWP was approved as I had attached a letter stating my CEC applicaiton is in process.