+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

!! Help !! Can I withdraw the visa application before appearing for the biometrics !! So Tensed

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
Hi All,

I recently submitted my visa application and got the biometric instruction letter already but due to some issues, I applied for a withdrawal request before appearing for the biometrics.

Kindly please help me out with this issue,

Last edited:

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
If you can submit your biometrics, do it, it won't do you any harm. And it's going to be valid for 10 years.

If you don't, you will get a refusal, which is worse.
Sir, I already applied for the withdrawal before the biometrics, Is it going to be canceled or withdrawn, how it can be refusal?

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
It's hard to tell, whatever comes first. The withdrawal process can take some time, the refusal can be sooner. What is your deadline in BIL?
Sir, the BIL Deadline in June, also I would like to know if it is compulsory to attend biometrics?

Last edited:

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Sir, the BIL Deadline is June 23, 2024, also I would like to know if it is compulsory to attend biometrics to get the application withdrawn or if it can be withdrawn without attending the biometric as well.
As @CanGoldDigger has mentioned, biometrics will be good for 10 years and you can use it for your future applications. If you don't submit, your application will be refused.

It might be too late for withdrawal now as they are clearly processing your application but you can submit a webform and ask about your withdrawal request.

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
As @CanGoldDigger has mentioned, biometrics will be good for 10 years and you can use it for your future applications. If you don't submit, your application will be refused.

It might be too late for withdrawal now as they are clearly processing your application but you can submit a web form and ask about your withdrawal request.
Sir, I lodged my file on 20st May only, Kindly suggest what would be a good approach.

Last edited:

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Sorry. I have nothing to add.

You can request the withdrawal anytime and you can also do your biometrics, these are 2 different processes that doesn't really impact each other.

I would do both.

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
Sorry. I have nothing to add.

You can request the withdrawal anytime and you can also do your biometrics, these are 2 different processes that don't really impact each other.

I would do both.
Honestly saying, this forum is my only hope.

Sir, would there be any chance, that if I appear for the biometrics and after that, they won't withdraw the application?

Last edited:

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Sir, I lodged my file on 21st May only, actually I forgot to mention my previous visa refusal, once I realized I forgot about the past refusal, I immediately raised a web form to inform them, to add past refusal in the visa application, and later on I raised the request for the withdraw the application.

Kindly suggest what would be a good approach. I feel that if I go for the biometrics, the application will be moved forward there would be no way to step back and get it canceled or withdrawn easily.
As mentioned earlier, if you don't complete the biometrics request within the provided timeline, your application will be refused. This refusal should be related to biometrics(1) and not misrepresentation(2) unless they already evaluated that too.

To process the withdrawal request they probably need the same amount of time or less. If the withdrawal is not processed before the actual application and it gets refused for (1) or both (1) and (2), you will have to mention these refusals in future applications.

Since it seems like you will have a refusal to report anyways, why not go ahead and give biometrics? Wait till the very end of the deadline and if your withdrawal hasn't been processed, submit your biometrics.

Another alternative would be to submit a new application. Include a clear letter stating you have submitted a withdrawal request for the 1st application and why you wanted it withdrawn in the 2nd application. Submit a webform for the 1st application informing them of this change.

That's all I can think of. All the best.

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
As mentioned earlier, if you don't complete the biometrics request within the provided timeline, your application will be refused. This refusal should be related to biometrics(1) and not misrepresentation(2) unless they already evaluated that too.

To process the withdrawal request they probably need the same amount of time or less. If the withdrawal is not processed before the actual application and it gets refused for (1) or both (1) and (2), you will have to mention these refusals in future applications.

Since it seems like you will have a refusal to report anyway, why not go ahead and give biometrics? Wait till the very end of the deadline and if your withdrawal hasn't been processed, submit your biometrics.

Another alternative would be to submit a new application. Include a clear letter stating you have submitted a withdrawal request for the 1st application and why you wanted it withdrawn in the 2nd application. Submit a web form for the 1st application informing them of this change.

SIR,

I already got the appointment date for biometrics, in May, here in VFS India, there is no possibility to re-schedule the appointment, if I miss the date, the next date I can re-schedule after the completion of 5 days.

Last edited:

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
SIR,

I already got the appointment date for biometrics, it's on the 29 May, here in VFS India, there is no possibility to re-schedule the appointment, if I miss the date, the next date I can re-schedule after the completion of 5 days.

Also, the biometric validation letter will expire on 25th June.
Sorry, I've nothing further to add. I've described all the scenarios I can think of, you have to make a decision on what you want to do. Good luck.

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024

Since it seems like you will have a refusal to report anyways, why not go ahead and give biometrics? Wait till the very end of the deadline and if your withdrawal hasn't been processed, submit your biometrics.

Another alternative would be to submit a new application. Include a clear letter stating you have submitted a withdrawal request for the 1st application and why you wanted it withdrawn in the 2nd application. Submit a webform for the 1st application informing them of this change.

Sir,

thank you so much, for providing valuable information.

Lastly, if I lodge a new application while giving a justification for the withdrawal of the first visa application, should I mention that I forgot to mention past refusal in the previous visa application, or else?

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
Sir,

thank you so much, for providing valuable information.

Lastly, if I lodge a new application while giving a justification for the withdrawal of the first visa application, should I mention that I forgot to mention past refusal in the previous visa application, or else?
Yes, specify it clearly that you have requested a withdrawal of your 1st application(list reasons).

You can choose not to do this but you will only be adding to the confusion of your applications. Multiple applications are allowed by IRCC and the operation manual says IRCC will give you the choice to choose which application is processed.

If you are asking why you should be truthful, I mean idrk what to tell you....