+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Called cic and case is still at Nova scotia?

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Hi all
I am looking for help here.
I received my AOR on Sep 24, and now it has been 50 days since that and no ‘in process’.
I just called cic and the agent told me my case is still at their nova scotia office! No further information is needed right now and case seems normal.

Why it has been 50 days and the case is still not transferred to the local office?

Anyone in the same boat? Is it normal?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi all
I received my AOR on Sep 24, and now it has been 50 days since that and no ‘in process’.
I just called cic and the agent told me my case is still at their nova scotia office! No further information is needed right now and case seems normal.

Why it has been 50 days and the case is still not transferred to the local office?

This is normal. Average time to AOR is 80 days at the moment and half of August plus people from July and even June are waiting.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V2kMI1QtzlMj8k4shG0IBLnS8GqOhoJDkem5HloNe0I/edit#gid=1674299663

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I applied on July 15 and received aor on sep 24.
what is the normal time from aor to in process?
it has been 50 days and not in process yet.
many people applied before me are in process already.
Oh sorry I misread. In the spreadsheet attached only 47% of applicants in July have gone to IP.
Some not yet in IP got AOR early September. It's a waiting game unfortunately. In my own January application I just got test, but over 60% of people got their test invite before me!

Some get lucky, some do not. While the average for AOR to IP in our sheet is just under 50 the max can be higher (77 for May for example) and this sheet holds, at my guess ~10% of applications. Unfortunately you just have to wait.

Sometimes a longer wait for one thing leads to others being faster. A friend took 15 months to get his FP request (!), but he had his interview + oath within 3 months of that.

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Oh sorry I misread. In the spreadsheet attached only 47% of applicants in July have gone to IP.
Some not yet in IP got AOR early September. It's a waiting game unfortunately. In my own January application I just got test, but over 60% of people got their test invite before me!

Some get lucky, some do not. While the average for AOR to IP in our sheet is just under 50 the max can be higher (77 for May for example) and this sheet holds, at my guess ~10% of applications. Unfortunately you just have to wait.

Sometimes a longer wait for one thing leads to others being faster. A friend took 15 months to get his FP request (!), but he had his interview + oath within 3 months of that.
Thanks buddy
the waiting time is torturing me.
i have a little baby and need to take him to my home country. i want to get everything done before i leave.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thanks buddy
the waiting time is torturing me.
i have a little baby and need to take him to my home country. i want to get everything done before i leave.
You applied July, unless you get very lucky you’re not going to get an oath until next summer. 12 months is average until decision made and then it can easily be 1-3 months for oath! Don’t know your location but some offices are faster than others (ie Atlantic Canada?) but even that doesn’t guarantee you some better time frame.

So, I’d book a trip and 5-6 weeks out let IRCC know you’re travelling to avoid a test or whatever invite. If not even at IP or that stage I wouldn’t worry about FP request as you get 30 days anyway and can sometimes do from abroad so as log as your trip isn’t for 3-4 or more weeks shouldn’t be a major issue. Test (inc interview / doc check) and oath are the ones you don’t want to try and reschedule.

Also as long as taking x weeks out doesn’t put you under the residential requirements for citizenship or PR!

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Hi all

Hello, what number did you call? I applied in August and still haven't got my AOR. I'm pretty behind compared to people whose application was delivered at the same time as me..Thanks!

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
You applied July, unless you get very lucky you’re not going to get an oath until next summer. 12 months is average until decision made and then it can easily be 1-3 months for oath! Don’t know your location but some offices are faster than others (ie Atlantic Canada?) but even that doesn’t guarantee you some better time frame.

So, I’d book a trip and 5-6 weeks out let IRCC know you’re travelling to avoid a test or whatever invite. If not even at IP or that stage I wouldn’t worry about FP request as you get 30 days anyway and can sometimes do from abroad so as log as your trip isn’t for 3-4 or more weeks shouldn’t be a major issue. Test (inc interview / doc check) and oath are the ones you don’t want to try and reschedule.

Also as long as taking x weeks out doesn’t put you under the residential requirements for citizenship or PR!
Thanks for your help.
The only thing i can do is waiting

sasakaka

Jul 31, 2016
Hello, what number did you call? I applied in August and still haven't got my AOR. I'm pretty behind compared to people whose application was delivered at the same time as me..Thanks!
I called the number on their website
888 242 2100
try more times

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Also check your junk email if you provided an email and hope it doesn't get auto deleted. Many many people get it as misplaced junk/spam.

ayamach

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Also check your junk email if you provided an email and hope it doesn't get auto deleted. Many many people get it as misplaced junk/spam.
Thank you!

I've been checking my spam every hour for a month ahah! I'll call them, they're probably just a bit slow, that's all....

issteven

Jan 2, 2014
the whole process is antique: paper application, manual verification, etc... thought IRCC still lives in 20th century