+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help @Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My sister is enrolled in a Medical Program in India and she is in her 1st year. I just want her to come here to visit me for couple of weeks with my mom.

No she isnt a member of any club.
With two previous refusals + as a first-year med student, IMO, she is unlikely to get a TRV. I recommend she does not reapply

Zee1995

May 14, 2018
Should I request GCMS notes to know the details regarding her refusal?
Since my mom is likely to get TRV and i dont have father, So if my mom visits me here she will be the only one left out back home.... doesnt sounds fair....

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Should I request GCMS notes to know the details regarding her refusal?
I doubt if GCMS notes are going to reveal anything different. It's a simple case of a young person with no previous travel history + weak ties to India. You can order the notes if you wish.

Since my mom is likely to get TRV and i dont have father, So if my mom visits me here she will be the only one left out back home.... doesnt sounds fair....
True, it might not seem fair. For a visa officer who scrutinizes hundreds of visa applications (including from applicants with similar visa profiles), it would seem fair.

If your mom has given her application under Tatkal, she can now contact the Passport Officer to request the booklet to be issued asap

Zee1995

May 14, 2018
Yes my mom just requested passport renewal under tatkaal.
Should she email or call the passport office to issue it asap ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes my mom just requested passport renewal under tatkaal.
Should she email or call the passport office to issue it asap ?
Meet the Passport Officer in person with all documents. Emailing/calling won't help.

It slipped my mind that the passport office is probably closed on Friday for Ramadan/Ramzan Eid. Your mom should try to meet the passport officer tomorrow

hassankhaliddar

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
I have submitted my Online Temporary Resident application on 14.06.2018 for me & my 4 family members.
I have received emails that your application has been updated but still i have not received BIO METRIC Instruction Letter as on today 17.06.2018. Is it normal of there is any issue?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have submitted my Online Temporary Resident application on 14.06.2018 for me & my 4 family members.
I have received emails that your application has been updated but still i have not received BIO METRIC Instruction Letter as on today 17.06.2018. Is it normal of there is any issue?
It's very normal. It is possible the visa office was closed due to Ramadan or even the weekend. You'll need to wait

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
My mom recieved her passport today with 6 months visa.
After a long wait.... finally....
Congrats. It's been a long visa journey for your mom :)

BTW how long did it take to get the passport from the passport authorities?

A bit of advice:
This 6-months' validity is like a 'test visa'. Hopefully, she will get a much longer TRV validity the next time if she returns home after a short visit this time

Zee1995

May 14, 2018
For passport renewal they said it will atleast take a week but on a special request they made an exception and renewed it in 3 days.

Ya i am about to book my moms flight for tomorrow and she has to return back home with 2 weeks due to my and her job timings...
Hope she gets her visa extended later....

What would u suggest for my sister's application.
Is there any chances for next time I apply?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For passport renewal they said it will atleast take a week but on a special request they made an exception and renewed it in 3 days.
That's great. They do re-issue passports in 3-4 days under Tatkal.

What would u suggest for my sister's application.
Is there any chances for next time I apply?
I can't see a possibility of an approval happening anytime soon in her case unless her circumstances change quite a bit