+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help! Bank put wrong country in GIC beneficiary address.

Harshal Bafna

Jun 6, 2018
My bank Kotak has put "Canada" in front of my home Indian address in the Wire Transfer form in beneficiary information field(59). I am tensed if my GIC will be rejected because of this. Anything I can do? Also if GIC rejected, how many days will it take to money to be returned to my account?

sahil.luthra

Jun 24, 2018
My bank Kotak has put "Canada" in front of my home Indian address in the Wire Transfer form in beneficiary information field(59). I am tensed if my GIC will be rejected because of this. Anything I can do? Also if GIC rejected, how many days will it take to money to be returned to my account?
Hi Harshal, My name is Sahil, Even I have applied for GIC with Scotia Bank and my bank has done the same mistake(Canada bank address in Beneficiary information field 59). I would really appreciate if you could update me regarding your GIC certificate. Were you able to get it corrected ? I have wire transferred the funds on 20th June 2018 & Scotiabank hasn't received my funds and am worried about the gic status. Thank you

Harshal Bafna

Jun 6, 2018
Hi Harshal, My name is Sahil, Even I have applied for GIC with Scotia Bank and my bank has done the same mistake(Canada bank address in Beneficiary information field 59). I would really appreciate if you could update me regarding your GIC certificate. Were you able to get it corrected ? I have wire transferred the funds on 20th June 2018 & Scotiabank hasn't received my funds and am worried about the gic status. Thank you
Hi Sahil! I have already got my GIC within 8 days. I thought the bank address will be a problem but if the Passport address and Benificary address in the Swift receipt are same, then there is no need to worry. And if you have transferred funds give them atleast 8 days minimum to receive your funds. Call Scotia Bank to get your update.

sahil.luthra

Jun 24, 2018
Hi Sahil! I have already got my GIC within 8 days. I thought the bank address will be a problem but if the Passport address and Benificary address in the Swift receipt are same, then there is no need to worry. And if you have transferred funds give them atleast 8 days minimum to receive your funds. Call Scotia Bank to get your update.
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have spoken with Scotia bank, they are telling me to wait till Friday. Would you recommend sending the wire transfer again. I am still confused and tensed as I have to apply for my visa.

jjhh

May 30, 2018
Thank you for your prompt reply. I have spoken with Scotia bank, they are telling me to wait till Friday. Would you recommend sending the wire transfer again. I am still confused and tensed as I have to apply for my visa.
did you get your gic?

jjhh

May 30, 2018
hi even my bank wrote incorrect address, my bank address and address on passport is same but they wrote wrong in beneficary.. pls help what i do now?

BANNI

Nov 17, 2018
My bank do the same mistake they just put Canada in field 59.
Please tell me #jjhh did you get GIC ?
Or you had did some other ways to get this ?

jjhh

May 30, 2018
ask your bank to send correct details to scotia bank. In my case, i called gic customer care and they told me to send correct details. I got my gic and visa too

saichand

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
Hi harshal, my bank did the same put canada in beneficiary country name, so you are saying it did not become a problem for you? Is it right?

Sreyam

Star Member
May 13, 2019
hi harshal, my bank also put field 59 same, in my wire transfer form beneficiary address is ''canada canada'' but name and account number is correct. please replyyy