+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP! Assistance with filling out express entry application required!

Apr 24, 2017
Hi,

My wife and I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residence so we're going through and filling out the rest of the express entry form

I have two questions regarding two of the sections:-

Family

"Please tell us about David Adam Fairweather's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list."

- Do I need to put down ALL my family members? None of them are coming to Canada so this seems a bit excessive if I do.

Travel History

"Provide details of any trips David Adam Fairweather has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
You can tell us about each trip by filling in the fields below.
Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each trip will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add another trip.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change a trip that you have already saved to the list.
Has David Adam Fairweather, and if applicable, David Adam Fairweather's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. "

My wife and I have travelled outside the UK extensively for the last 10 years. Do they really need us to list every single place we've been? Once again this seems excessive!

Thanks for the help!

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
tryingtogettocanada2017 said:
Hi,

My wife and I have received an invitation to apply for permanent residence so we're going through and filling out the rest of the express entry form

I have two questions regarding two of the sections:-

Family

"Please tell us about David Adam Fairweather's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list."

- Do I need to put down ALL my family members? None of them are coming to Canada so this seems a bit excessive if I do.

Travel History

"Provide details of any trips David Adam Fairweather has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
You can tell us about each trip by filling in the fields below.
Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each trip will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add another trip.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change a trip that you have already saved to the list.
Has David Adam Fairweather, and if applicable, David Adam Fairweather's family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc. "

My wife and I have travelled outside the UK extensively for the last 10 years. Do they really need us to list every single place we've been? Once again this seems excessive!

Thanks for the help!
1) you have to add only your blood relatives. Brother sister father mother grandparents if any.
If you have spouse you have already named her in another section. So no need to provide details of her in this section.

Just click on the selection field and you'll see names of the family members you have to give details about.

2) sorry I don't know what to do in this case

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Are you sure that you need to put down grandparents as well? It doesn't mention that you need to in the description
Please check if there is any option for grandparents. If there is an option, you should enter their details.

May be in future you would like to invite them to be with you in Canada.

Ktec

Apr 24, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
04-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-03-2017
Passport Req..
01-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2017
2) Unfortunately, you will have to list the details of all the trips have made in the past 10 years for you and other applicants listed in the application.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters.

Travel History

The instructions are pretty clear. Yes, you need to list your family members and yes, you need to list all of your travels.

Apr 24, 2017
Ktec said:
2) Unfortunately, you will have to list the details of all the trips have made in the past 10 years for you and other applicants listed in the application.
Thanks. I live in the UK so do I need to list all my trips within the EU? There are no passport stamps for these trips because I am an EU citizen and can move freely within EU countries

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Thanks. I live in the UK so do I need to list all my trips within the EU? There are no passport stamps for these trips because I am an EU citizen and can move freely within EU countries
You should - basically list every trip outside of your home country irrespective of duration for the last 10 years. Scan all passport pages which have stamps for non EU countries is applicable.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Answer is in the instructions.