+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP ASAP PLEASE

emarenco

Jun 27, 2018
Hi, I am a Nicaraguan citizen and a kind of civil war is going on right. To make the story short, the police are killing college students because we are against the government. My question is:

How can I ask for asylum as soon as possible? Will it be wrong if I ask for a Visitor Visa, travel to Canada and THEN when I am in Canada I ask for asylum?

I have very close friends that are Canadian citizens, however, they don't know much about the subject.

Please reply ASAP anybody how knows about the issue. Our lives are in danger!

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You cannot ask for asylum directly from your home country.
So you have only 2 options:
Leave your home country and recognized as a refugee by UNCHR. They might then recommend you for a resettlement but you will not be able to choose where.
Get a visitor visa, get to Canada and then apply as a refugee. Please bear in mind that it will be difficult for you to get those visas.

And somewhere in the grey zone between are privately sponsored refugees, but you would still have to leave your country first.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I am a Nicaraguan citizen and a kind of civil war is going on right. To make the story short, the police are killing college students because we are against the government. My question is:

How can I ask for asylum as soon as possible? Will it be wrong if I ask for a Visitor Visa, travel to Canada and THEN when I am in Canada I ask for asylum?

I have very close friends that are Canadian citizens, however, they don't know much about the subject.

Please reply ASAP anybody how knows about the issue. Our lives are in danger!
You can certainly try to get a TRV. Note that processing can take several months. To be approved, you will need to show strong ties to your home country (e.g. employment, assets, property ownership) and also demonstrate you have enough money to pay for your trip to Canada. It's generally harder to get a visa if you are relatively young and single without many ties. Also, it tends to be a lot more difficult if you have no previous travel to countries requiring a visa such as the US or UK.