+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP!!! applying study permit while in implied status for SOWP

Sraeji

May 8, 2021
Hello,

I am currently on PGWP and submitted my spousal application, my husband is a Canadian citizen. My work permit will expire June 2nd, 2024 and I will be applying for S0WP to maintain status and continue working. I also have an offer letter that I have received from a Canadian university for a master's program for September. So, I was wondering if I will be able to submit my study permit application sometime later while I am in applied status for SOWP from inside Canada? As per IRCC, it says I can hold both work and study permits if I am eligible for both. However, my consultancy is saying I need to go outside the country to apply for a study permit even though I will be maintaining my status in Canada. But when I checked the IRCC website it has the option to submit a study permit inside Canada If I have already applied for a spousal application/ if I have a work permit. Which I already qualify for.

Please!! If someone knows, please reply. It's a dream opportunity and I want to work until September before I go to school to support myself financially. Help!!!!!