+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help applying for visa extension

Labellefairy

Mar 4, 2019
We are applying for a visa extension.
He is currently visitor to Canada.
We have been living together since May 29 2019 and last year August until February.
Does he apply as single as we haven't yet lived 12 months consecutively then request extension to achieve common law status?
Or apply as common law since may 29th 2019
Thank you !!

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
What i would do is to have him extend his stay for the period so that he is here continuously 12 months at which point he is your common law spouse . first he must live with you for 12 months no large breaks. first extend his visa for 6 more months. from the time he will have visitor status.say May 19 plus 6 months, then you need 6 more months. Reason for extension to live with partner to be common law..

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
You need fill visa extension forms I mailed them . some people file them online. Search visitor visa extension forms.Not hard.if u still need help reply
Hello I will also be putting in my extension next month, I will be sending my application by paper pls these are things am going to submit if there is anything am missing let me know what I could add for a strong application
* My reason is to achieve common law status
1.Check list
2 extension application
Guarantors letter stating that he will still take care of me while I'm canada
3. Letter of explanation where I expressed my intention of obtaining common law status and later apply for OR
4. Bank statement both mine, and for my Fiance
5. My fiances business certificate coz his a business owner
6.A copy of my bio info of passport, visa , and stamp at port of entry
7.my fiances passport copy Don't know if this is necessary tho
8 A copy of flight reservation
9. Economic and family ties back home
Thank u

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
Hello I will also be putting in my extension next month, I will be sending my application by paper pls these are things am going to submit if there is anything am missing let me know what I could add for a strong application
* My reason is to achieve common law status
1.Check list
2 extension application
Guarantors letter stating that he will still take care of me while I'm canada
3. Letter of explanation where I expressed my intention of obtaining common law status and later apply for OR
4. Bank statement both mine, and for my Fiance
5. My fiances business certificate coz his a business owner
6.A copy of my bio info of passport, visa , and stamp at port of entry
7.my fiances passport copy Don't know if this is necessary tho
8 A copy of flight reservation
9. Economic and family ties back home
Thank u
i followed documents check list
make sure u include all financial proof
online filing is slightly different n u need digital photos

i registered mailed it to Edmonton
reason was to live 12 with my partner to attain common law spouse status

u both write a letter explaining all u need to as to what n when u met n promise to support. she he can write my partner guarantees to take care of me send copy of medical insurance u buy. make it solid app n mail by registered mail in a 12 by 9 envelope. i also prepaid Sponsorship fee n visa fee Take care

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
i followed documents check list
make sure u include all financial proof
online filing is slightly different n u need digital photos

i registered mailed it to Edmonton
reason was to live 12 with my partner to attain common law spouse status

u both write a letter explaining all u need to as to what n when u met n promise to support. she he can write my partner guarantees to take care of me send copy of medical insurance u buy. make it solid app n mail by registered mail in a 12 by 9 envelope. i also prepaid Sponsorship fee n visa fee Take care
Ooh thank you dear I will tell my partner to also include how we met in his letter too and I have medical insurance will include that too, when did you send your application do they send you an email when they received your application than u

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
they send you nothing
u make sure forms are completely done well n signed

i sent mid December. u won't get any reply. registration makes sure they get it. It takes 4 months to get a reply. ck it well b4 u send. i tried my best too. Good luck. Need idea write again

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
they send you nothing
u make sure forms are completely done well n signed

i sent mid December. u won't get any reply. registration makes sure they get it. It takes 4 months to get a reply. ck it well b4 u send. i tried my best too. Good luck. Need idea write again
Thank you so much for the reply, could send send me a copy of your guarantors letter just want to have an idea what to include am sorry if am asking to much forgive me

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
Thank you so much for the reply, could send send me a copy of your guarantors letter just want to have an idea what to include am sorry if am asking to much forgive me
All i said i guarantee that i will support Xxx while she is in Canada. I also assure you that she will not seek any assistance or find a job. Then i gave them a whole bunch of financial stuff. That i will keep buying for her medical insurance. we assure you she will not do anything contrary to the immigration laws or others.

and she said about the same that i have some funds as per attached but my partner has guaranteed that he will support me etc etc n we both sent in these letters. Hopefully this will sufice the immigration dept. this letter also included a bit of that we know each other for xxx n have traveled together xxx etc

gooduck

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
All i said i guarantee that i will support Xxx while she is in Canada. I also assure you that she will not seek any assistance or find a job. Then i gave them a whole bunch of financial stuff. That i will keep buying for her medical insurance. we assure you she will not do anything contrary to the immigration laws or others.

and she said about the same that i have some funds as per attached but my partner has guaranteed that he will support me etc etc n we both sent in these letters. Hopefully this will sufice the immigration dept. this letter also included a bit of that we know each other for xxx n have traveled together xxx etc

gooduck[/QUOTE
Just similar to our letters thou in my letter I included family ties and assets to my home country and mentioned that incase I don't get approved I intend to leave canada immediately.
Qn* on the application form where it asks the purpose of stay should I say to achieve common law status
Thank you so much for your time to respond I will surely comeback to ask incase I have another question.

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
yes to live together for 12 months to be common law partners then i will apply for Sponsorship
Hello @ Malimu how you doing I have a problem hope you can help, my fiances ex she kept on texting him and all I did was to text her and tell her I moved in with him and she should text or call again coz it bothers me. I was polite but she started insulting me and said how she is a Canadian and knows immigration laws that she will stop any immigration papers that I will submite coz she knows my guys address, full names and D.O.B, she was just intimidating me do you think immigration can stop any of my papers because of her, she doesn't know my name or anything, she bragged about how she is good at making other peo

malimu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Ottawa
i am not lawyer.She cannot stopa process that your fiance starts to get your visa extension. Immigration is not a family law place. Do not do anything legal. Have your bf deal with this. u stay out of it. If she harrassed u block her. If anyone is violent u call police. This is not immigration issue. Just do what is legal. Do not lie or cheat immigration. u e ok.

Vendi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2018
i am not lawyer.She cannot stopa process that your fiance starts to get your visa extension. Immigration is not a family law place. Do not do anything legal. Have your bf deal with this. u stay out of it. If she harrassed u block her. If anyone is violent u call police. This is not immigration issue. Just do what is legal. Do not lie or cheat immigration. u e ok.
Oooh thank you very much for your response I do appreciate, am now at peace knowing she can't do nothing about my immigration application thanks