+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP and Advice on COC from Singapore Authorities

Hsolanke21

Sep 28, 2019
Hey guys,

I am in a peculiar situation here- I was studying at INSEAD in Singapore from 2016-2018. Since the course was part time, it had me living and working in india and only visiting Singapore for my designated modules. I was hence given a 2 year multiple entry tourist visa. My modules were less than a month at a stretch and I have not spent more than 6 months (even in totality between 2016 and 2018). Since I was on a tourist visa, I wasn't offered a FIN nor a NRIC. The Canadian government has however asked me to furnish a COC which I am not eligible to apply for. Would love some advice on how to proceed further.

Thanks in advance

Hsolanke21

Sep 28, 2019
Hello there ! How did it go?.. I am curious to know as my case is a bit relative.. Thanks
Hey,

So I've basically written a LOE explaining my ineligibitiy to the IRCC- if they don't write back they've accepted the LOE. Don't see a reason for them to refute a genuine explanation. Plus the SPF has written back to me saying I am not eligible to apply for the COC. The email thread was part of my letter of explanation.

Hope this helps. Will update once I hear back from them or once I get the PR (in which case the LOE was accepted).