+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help an ex canadian who misses home.

josephus

May 31, 2007
hi

i am thinking of moving to canada. i lived there as a child and though i left at age 8 later obtained my insurance card from abroad.

i now am married to a canadian, should i go back using my old card, or reaply as a spouse of a citizen ?

im aware i could enter as a torist and then work with my card, could i then stay unnoticed till i applied to be a citizen ? would i get caught ?

if i did it would look like i obtained my insurance number fraudulantly. it has never been used and im not a citizen only a landed immigrant. but from a long time ago. i got the card when i was 18 im now 32.

if i use my old card, i might get caught then get thrown out.

i will be entering with approx 500,000 canadian

thank you

jo

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I'm not sure I understand. What is your country of citizenship now ? Which Canadian paperworks do you have ? SIN card ? Health Card ? Permanent Resident card ? Passport ?

To remain a permanent resident, you have to be in Canada 2 years out of 5 (or is it 3 ? Forgot !). Your permanent resident card has an expiry date, so you won't get away with it.

As for the SIN card, it won't show as valid. You often have to provide more than the SIN number to apply for a job (i.e copy of the PR card) and it will be noticed that it's not valid.

josephus

May 31, 2007
hi

i have my social insurance card.

i spoke to a lawyer a long time ago who told me if i entered as a torist and then used it to get work i wouldnt be found out.

but now if a apply under my wife. they will surely know ive tried to hoodwink them.

if i enter under my irish passport (which is in gailic) then stay. they will be looking for the wrong guy.

any thoughts

jo

Zhu

May 30, 2007
Ottawa, Canada
I see major problems here.

1) Doing something illegal is never recommanded, first of all. If you lose your PR, thenyou have to apply for it again. As simple as that.
2) It's not only a matter of working : you also need a bunch if ID as a PR, including a driver license, an health card etc. How can you apply for these without the PR ?