+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help.. Advice needed From Uk to Canada

Buhdoo

Nov 4, 2007
Ok here's the deal...

And im already bracing myself for bad news.. :eek:(

I met a girl online about 4 months ago.. she lives in Nova Scotia..

I went over for two weeks and she's my dream, everything i ever dreamed of in fact.... we're soulmates.. and i know in immigrations eyes that doesnt count for very much but..

And now i find not only do i want to marry this girl and she wants to marry me, but i want to spend my entire life with her..
We want a child together..

Anyway i have no skills.. in fact i havent worked for a few years due to bad panic attacks which kinda left me.. well..

I'm from England and i plan on going over for 6 months in december.. We want to get married and i have been offered jobs over there.. I know i dont have skills and that i havent worked but for this.. i would do anything.. We've discussed the sponsorship thing but she's currently bankrupt.. although that clears this month.. i'm 36 and she's 32 with two young children who i just adore.. We discussed the possibility of her moving to england but like i said she has two small children and it would be unfair to pull them away from their birth father...

So i cant get there as a skilled worker..

I have no idea how this will happen but i'll do whatever it takes...

She's going through a divorce.. the divorce starts in march and like i said we plan to marry in may.. wanted to get married in nova scotia but if my visitor visa means i have to leave before we do the plan is she'll come to england and marry me.. that'll happen regardless but how do i get to live and work there, to be with my baby..? please tell me there's a way..

What would it take for us to get married in Nova Scotia.. once she's divorced we apply for a marriage license.. anything else we need? Can we do that if im on a visitor visa?? If we get married in Nova will i have to come back to the uk while they process our applications?

We look at the immigration rules daily and it confuses us both...

And we need help.. we're genuine, honest and caring about each other.. i understand the need for tight immigration rules but..

The rules say something about bankruptcy affecting a sponsorship but as soon as it clears will that still matter? how tight are the rules regarding her finacial situation, i mean she is working and i will have enough money in a bank account to look after myself there too..

So please can someone advise us both.. we sit at our pc's and on the phone most nights.. everynight scared we wont be allowed to just love each other and its heartbreaking..

Can anyone advise a person like me..?

Please..?

What are my options..?

I'm almost terrified of what the answers may be but..

tamee

Jul 25, 2007
first of all family class (after u two get married) is exempt from the financial expectations.She can (like PMM said) make 12 dollars a year and still sponsor you. Not sure about the bankruptcy though i heard or read somewhere that you have to be discharged but not sure for how long before she can sponsor you.there are a few ways you can do the sponsorship once you get married and her bancruptcy is cleared, you can do inland or outland. outland is quickest and you can be with her for a 6 month stint while processing, but if ur visitor visa runs out u have to go back and propably wont be able to come back until processed for perm resident. inland take a lot longer about a year or more and you cant work until you get AIP (approval in principle) which takes about 6 months or so. read the cic website on that http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp .PMM can tell you better about the bankruptcy aspect in all this. she cant be on any welfare or social assistance, i do know that.ill look more into the bacruptcy and let you know.

and of course i am not an expert on immigration so what i post is only from what ive read, heard or experienced myself. So please look for other posts to confirm what i put here.:)

ok on the sponsors guide in the immigration packet for outland applicants page 8 of 32 it says she can not sponsor you if she is in an undischarged bankruptcy

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp