+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Help about Post Grad Work Permit expiring and PNP options

shemul dev

May 24, 2011
Hi,
I am currently residing in Toronto and working as a Quality Control Biochemistry Technologist for last 1.5 yrs. I did my Masters from Newfoundland and Labrador. I am holding a Post Grad Work permit which will expire soon in June 3, 2017. I am standing in the express entry pool with 445 CRS point. It looks like without having PNP it's quite impossible to get PR. To make it worse Ontario govt still did not opened their PNP. Based on my current situation, I have the following concerns. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help regarding this matter.

1. As my work permit is going to expire soon is there any way that I can renew my work permit and keep working in my current job. My employer denied to provide LMIA or any kind of sponsorship to me.

2. Is 445 CRS point is good enough to get PNP from Ontario or any other province?

3. What should I look for at my current situation? I mean should I stay in ON and wait till they open the PNP stream or should I look for jobs and PNP to other provinces like PEI. Is that would be a wise decision to move to PEI?

4. I am still not sure about the NOC category which one I fall under. Because my profession falls under NOC B but it also has similarities with NOC A. As I have done my Masters so I choose NOC A instead of NOC B. Does it really matters in case of PR application?

5. What should be my next step regarding document preparation etc.

Thanks a lot...

Shemul Dev

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
shemul dev said:
2. Is 445 CRS point is good enough to get PNP from Ontario or any other province?

Yes, for Ontario, unless they change the requirements when they re-open for the next intake.

3. What should I look for at my current situation? I mean should I stay in ON and wait till they open the PNP stream or should I look for jobs and PNP to other provinces like PEI. Is that would be a wise decision to move to PEI?

If you can find an employer willing to apply for the LMIA, it doesn't matter what province.

4. I am still not sure about the NOC category which one I fall under. Because my profession falls under NOC B but it also has similarities with NOC A. As I have done my Masters so I choose NOC A instead of NOC B. Does it really matters in case of PR application?

Yes, absolutely, it matters what your NOC is, errors with the NOC is one of the primary reasons for refusal. Regardless of your degree, you need to chose the best NOC based on correspondence with the lead statement of the NOC, and most importantly, the duties and responsibilities

Also - For the CEC class, there is a difference between level B and level A in the language requirements. (You need a higher score for O/A occupations than B occupations). But that doesn't look like an issue for you.

5. What should be my next step regarding document preparation etc.

Consider which PCCs you might need, and whether you need to get letters of employment or other documents. Review this document -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
I would recommend the usual:

- try to increase CRS (you and your spouse/partner if any)
-- retaking IELTS/CELPIP or even testing French if our know it
-- Assessing foreign degrees (ECA) If you didn't

- Insist your company about PR supporting LMIA, offering to help with the paperwork and how to deal with the cost (if possible)

- Look for a new company interested in support you with LMIA

- Look for other provinces PNP

The government said they'll increase the immigrant number so the score cut-off could be reduced, but who knows when will do it.

Also the government is planning to change some EE score parameters, helping International Students to get ITA, but there's not a expected date to do that.

Anyways if the Government make these changes you could get your chance.

Some time before your WP expires you could apply for visitor status in order to stay legally a bit more hoping for these changes

I guess IEC isn't an option but perhaps you can continue studying

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Documents as said:

PCC (could take a while, some could expire but if obtained after you came to Canada could be valid)

Reference letters for employment that provide score, should explain duties (matching NOC), dates, payment...

Birth certificate is no longer requested for the principal applicant but better have it

Marriage certificate and sometimes additional proof or common-law declaration and additional proof.

ECA of foreign education.

Be sure your passport expiring date is not close (I think is minimum 6 months after applying to PR but the most the better)

Same thing about your multiple entry Visa (if you are front a non exempt country)

aneelkanth

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Toronto
As inconvenient as this sounds; start looking for a new job immediately and also get a reference letter from your current employer outlining current job duties, salary and other requirements.

azaadpanchee

Star Member
Nov 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't your points jump from 445 to 460 or 475 based on the recent changes?

(not allowed to post reference links - probably because I'm too new)