+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP about PNP

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
I have done mtech in civil engineer (structural engineering) from India and my fiancé has btech in EC from India. I will complete 2 years of experience in July 2018 and my wife has experience of 2 yrs but company is not giving experience certificate so I m not considering her experience as of now.

We both are 25 in age and I got ielts core as LRWS 8.5 8.5 6.5 6.5. She got 6.5 5.5 5 5.5.

Now my question is should I apply in EE as SINGLE OR MARRIED? I am not married yet but ready to do it legally (court mrg) if applying together is better idea.

Current crs score is
Single : 397
Married : 385

Please guys help me what should I do ?

I want apply as soon as possible and meanwhile I will try to get clb 9

Help me guys in deciding my application for EE and PNP as single or married status ?? And which side has better chances for PNP ?

Thank you in advance

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I have done mtech in civil engineer (structural engineering) from India and my fiancé has btech in EC from India. I will complete 2 years of experience in July 2018 and my wife has experience of 2 yrs but company is not giving experience certificate so I m not considering her experience as of now.

We both are 25 in age and I got ielts core as LRWS 8.5 8.5 6.5 6.5. She got 6.5 5.5 5 5.5.

Now my question is should I apply in EE as SINGLE OR MARRIED? I am not married yet but ready to do it legally (court mrg) if applying together is better idea.

Current crs score is
Single : 397
Married : 385

Please guys help me what should I do ?

I want apply as soon as possible and meanwhile I will try to get clb 9

Help me guys in deciding my application for EE and PNP as single or married status ?? And which side has better chances for PNP ?

Thank you in advance
you say in one place "my wife has experience of 2 yrs" and in another you say "I am not married yet" so the response to either situation will be different.

however, assuming that you are not married + you have higher scores as a single applicant, imo you must apply as single. in the meantime you may want to work on your 6.5 ielts scores which will probably hike up your EE scores significantly to even over 445 (current cut-off levels).

Regarding your PNP, you need to identify which province you can apply in basis your NOC, province scores required & connectivity (friends/relations) in the province. After evaluation, incase you find your chances of a PNP nomination good, then you must first marry and then apply for both Express Entry and PNP. Good Luck !!

Last edited:

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018

At the start

Feb 2, 2018
you say in one place "my wife has experience of 2 yrs" and in another you say "I am not married yet" so the response to either situation will be different.

however, assuming that you are not married + you have higher scores as a single applicant, imo you must apply as single. in the meantime you may want to work on your 6.5 ielts scores which will probably hike up your EE scores significantly to even over 445 (current cut-off levels).

Regarding your PNP, you need to identify which province you can apply in basis your NOC, province scores required & connectivity (friends/relations) in the province. After evaluation, incase you find your chances of a PNP nomination good, then you must first marry and then apply for both Express Entry and PNP. Good Luck !!
I am not married yet just engaged...I just wrote WIFE....
Okay I got your point
And I think I should apply as single and then add her in the process

Thank you so much for your help

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
I am not married yet just engaged...I just wrote WIFE....
Okay I got your point
And I think I should apply as single and then add her in the process

Thank you so much for your help
please note however, incase you plan to get married anytime from now till express entry profile application is valid (one year) and express entry is your only hope, then it will not be of much value applying as a single applicant as the moment you get married you will need to upgrade your express entry profile and your score will accordingly get reduced to 385. the score AT the time of the draw is only relevant; not before, not after.

In short, imo apply as follows:
  • Single: PNP not possible AND not getting married before express entry profile expires. Will work on increasing IELTS scores
  • Married: PNP possible OR planning to get married before express entry profile expires. Apply after getting married.
  • PNP possible: apply when province opens for application basis marriage status at time of application and update EE & intimate province when status changes.
Good Luck !

Last edited:

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@scylla @canuck78 @canuck_in_uk
Can you please share your knowledge on this ?
We know that EE points do not get re-calculated if marital status changes after submission e-APR.
But I want to understand how it works when the applicant has received an ITA due to a PNP nomination.
Scenario 1 -
Received nomination and ITA received and e-APR application submitted ; Got married and added spouse to the application- informed CIC and submitted docs ;EE points are not getting changed ; but is the applicant supposed to inform PNP as well? and would PNP points get affected?? If yes, then what is the process? How does it work with the overall process?

Scenario 2 - Received nomination ; got married but ITA not yet received (as next draw has not yet taken place).; What are the steps involved to inform PNP and typical documentation to add spouse to the PNP application ? Would PNP points get recalculated?

Scenario 3 -
Received nomination ; got married and received ITA -
How to deal with this situation? I know that EE points will get re-calculated as soon as changes are made to the online application and spouse's application is updated. But again, process to work with PNP authorities and what to expect and what not to expect? Is there any 'Additional fees' to be paid for PNP level apart from Federal level?

Thank you!