+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELP about montreal agency

bozz

Aug 11, 2014
Hi i have some issues about an agent whom i paid for her service to process my sister and sister in law hoping to land and find a job as live in caregiver here in montreal.

issues

I paid her $1,700CAD For my sister and $1,700 for my sister in law

took so many months already and she said my sister in law look like 14 years old and she can't find any employer willing to sign her. and refuse to refund me any payment. she issued me 2 receipt i think not even official for her to avoid tax. nothing is done after i paid her the a sum of $1700CAD half of the total full payment for her service. she got angry every time we ask her for any updates. she even said i I'm open to go to police or whoever i want. )=

and for my sister she said the employer back out coz federal quebec said she is not capable of hiring

so hopeless i hope somebody guide me what to do whom i will go to seek legal advise

godless by the way I'm working here in montreal as live in caregiver with open permit and PR on process.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
How to file a complaint against an immigration representative

If you have a complaint about your representative, there are ways to get help.

First, you must find out if your consultant, lawyer, notary or paralegal is authorized. This means they are a member in good standing of:

a Canadian provincial or territorial law society,
the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC), or
the Chambre des notaires du Québec.
If you have a complaint about:

an authorized immigration representative:
complain to their regulatory body(see above).
an employee of an authorized immigration representative:
discuss your complaint with the person they work for, and
if the employer does not deal with your concern, complain to their regulatory body.

a non-authorized immigration representative in Canada, complain to the:
Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council,
Canadian Consumer Information Gateway,
Canadian Council of Better Business Bureaus,
relevant provincial or territorial law society, or
Chambre des notaires du Quebec

You can always file a compalint with the RCMP if the person is a ghost consultant.

How to file a complaint

The primary function of the Council is to regulate its members so that all consumers have access to immigration services from a qualified and ethical body of consultants.

If you have any issues with the immigration services you were or are being provided, you can contact the Council in the following ways:
Complaint form against an RCIC
Complaint form against a non-member
Tel: 1-877-836-7543
Fax: 1-877-315-9868
Email: cd-pd@iccrc-crcic.ca

Regards