+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

help about driving license urgent

owais6191

Oct 7, 2011
hello all

is my driving license can be used in canada as it can be make as international driving licencse

or i have to take driving license for that also....urgent plz reply

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
International can only be used for a certain time.. i think a year but i could be wrong

You can even use your indian license for some time.. but you will eventually have to get a canadian drivers license

There are different classes based on the province but the usual course of action is is follows:

1. you read a book on driving rules and write a computer test

2. after passing the knowledge test, you get a learners license with restrictions

3. after having the learners license for some minimum time, you can apply for a full license by doing a road test ( like a practical test where you show them your driving skills and they test you on your driving skills and knowledge of driving rules)

4. Some provinces like BC will give you a novice license which will still have some driving restrictions and you will have to do another road test to get the full license with no restrictions

You should check with the licensing authority of the province you are going to. They may take a letter form an insurance agency showing you have a clean driving record in India. What this does is if its accepted, you can skip # 2, the learners license.