+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELLPPP!! TRV - Seattle Consulate

bonne

Apr 2, 2012
Hello All!!

I am desperately waiting for my passport from Canadian Consulate in Seattle. So, here is my timeline: They received my documents on March 1, 2012 (fedex).. No news until now. I didn't use fedex for them to sent my passport, instead USPS regular mail. So, I can't track my pp now. Arghh, this is really driving me crazy, waiting and waiting ???. Do you guys have such experience? Share please.. :D
Fyi,
I live in Vancouver BC.

sarah1003

Aug 5, 2011
yep!! they are taking forever to process. I applied for mine on feb 28th and no news. People that applied around feb 15th are just starting to receive theirs. They have extended their processing time to min six weeks.

Abbas1

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
processing time as on their website is 30 days ,, hope you get yours by the end of this week , and allow sometime for the regular mail from the US as it take 7-10 business days

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonne said:
Hello All!!

I am desperately waiting for my passport from Canadian Consulate in Seattle. So, here is my timeline: They received my documents on March 1, 2012 (fedex).. No news until now. I didn't use fedex for them to sent my passport, instead USPS regular mail. So, I can't track my pp now. Arghh, this is really driving me crazy, waiting and waiting ???. Do you guys have such experience? Share please.. :D
Fyi,
I live in Vancouver BC.

I know the feeling of waiting as it happened to me... too bad you didn't sent return envelope in your application..coz it's way better if u did..so it will take longer for mailing it back to you..

just received mine today and here's my timeline:
Feb 14: sent application
Feb 15: received application in Seattle
***** emailed them many times no reply
April 2: received passport (thru fedex) with 3 years multiple visa

luckily, I got it before my flight next week :) hope you will receive yours soon...they are taking soooooo long....

bonne

Apr 2, 2012
Yeah, it is very bad!! However, @leycute I'm glad that you've got ur pasp back! You can sleep soundly now hehehe...

I used regular mail last time and it only took them about 3 days to send me back.. My flight will be in May, so still have time. Well, I am just afraid that I loose my passport (no! no! no!)... Pray even harder!

I want to email the consulate, however, they say that they won't reply us if it's still in the "normal" processing time. You know, it seems that they have their own interpretation of "normal" processing time. ARGHH! So, is it 30 working days? or 30 days (Sunday-Saturday?)

leycute

Star Member
Mar 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonne said:
Yeah, it is very bad!! However, @ leycute I'm glad that you've got ur pasp back! You can sleep soundly now hehehe...

I used regular mail last time and it only took them about 3 days to send me back.. My flight will be in May, so still have time. Well, I am just afraid that I loose my passport (no! no! no!)... Pray even harder!

I want to email the consulate, however, they say that they won't reply us if it's still in the "normal" processing time. You know, it seems that they have their own interpretation of "normal" processing time. ARGHH! So, is it 30 working days? or 30 days (Sunday-Saturday?)

In my application , it took 32 business days ( no sat/sun and holiday )... Don't worry it will come out before your flight:):) best of luck

bonne

Apr 2, 2012
Hi sarah1003,
have you got yours? I haven't heard any news about my passport yet. ???

sarah1003 said:
yep!! they are taking forever to process. I applied for mine on feb 28th and no news. People that applied around feb 15th are just starting to receive theirs. They have extended their processing time to min six weeks.

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
We are actually on the same boat. I feel so desperate... They received my application last March 12...I wasnt able to send a prepaid fedex because I didnt know.. I live in Northern Alberta.. My flight is in May 9.. I even have an itinerary going to Vegas in April 29 and good luck to that.. I will just have it rebooked (sigh)... God help me! Is there someone here who can predict when I will be able to get it.. according to your experiences.. since the call centre isnt helping me with my inquiry, tried phoning, emailing and faxing them, no luck..

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
bonne said:
Hello All!!

Fyi,
I live in Vancouver BC.
Did you get yours already since we are just 11 days apart? thanks

bonne

Apr 2, 2012
Hey!
yeah still the same, no news, I emailed them twice, yet they haven't replied yet. It has been 6 weeks. Oh well. Keep praying, ok!

bonne

Apr 2, 2012
Yay! I got it guys!! It was very frustrating waiting for my pp! Thanks God!!! So here is my time line:

Sent: Feb 29, 2012
Received: March 1, 2012 by fedex
Issued: April 11, 2012
Sent: April 16, 2012
I got it today: April 24, 2012 - by USPS regular mail.

I hope that for those who are waiting, keep waiting. They processed it slow, maybe it's a good idea to use fedex for both instead of USPS as it made me frustrated for being unable to track my passport. I emailed them for times, no reply, yeah because they have sent my passport back to me. Oh boy. Anyway, God is good.

faith11

Apr 17, 2012
Way to go bonne! Happy for you... I will definitely rebook my flight today... supposed to be I am flying this Sunday like what I said, I am 11 days behind you... Oh well... shi* happens...lol Thanks for sharing...

Apr 12, 2012
bonne said:
Hello All!!

Fyi,
I live in Vancouver BC.

May 8, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have also sent my application on 20th March, any idea when I will be receiving my passport?

What is the typical processing time these days.

Thanks,
fleeting