+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello

May 28, 2018
I entered UK illegally and claimed asylum which was refused. I do not have any criminal record either in my home country or in the UK. Since I sought asylum which was 3 years ago, I have had a child of my own and currently have a fiancee. Going forward, I have decided to apply for student visa to study in Canada and not sure if this will affect my student visa application. I understand that in the UK if I leave voluntarily, I will be allowed back into the UK after 1 year. I have decided to live a brand new life in Canada with my family and have applied to schools in Canada, of which some offered me admission. I am scared of my immigration history (just as I have pointed it out above) and this is why I have decided to inquire before making a student application

I will appreciate your legal judgement on this

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's extremely unlikely the study permit will be approved due to your status and immigration history in the UK. To be approved for a study permit to Canada, you must show strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

May 28, 2018
It's extremely unlikely the study permit will be approved due to your status and immigration history in the UK. To be approved for a study permit to Canada, you must show strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term.
Thank you for the feedback

The reason I asked this question is because :
1. I do not intend to stay back in Canada but wish to leave a normal life just like anyone else
2. I believe everyone has right to education regardless of where I choose to get educated.

Lastly, assuming I am in the UK legally for one year and want to migrate to Canada, do I still have to show strong ties to my home country or to UK and how pls?