+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

hello

fan123

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been in Canada for the past 4 months or so. Im on a 12 month working holiday visa. I love this country and i would really like to make my stay permanant. I have a level of skill in food service management, however im 5 points short of qualifying as a skilled worker because i havent worked in canada for more than a year and i have no family here or any education beyond high school. I thought it might be possible to perhaps either extend my work permit or renew it. Im working 2 jobs in canada right now. Please could someone tell me exactly what myself and the companys i work for need to do to ensure i get an extension or renewal on my work permit. One of my jobs is for a a bank and the other is in food service. I would appreciate this so much. Thanks in advance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

fan123 said:
I have been in Canada for the past 4 months or so. Im on a 12 month working holiday visa. I love this country and i would really like to make my stay permanant. I have a level of skill in food service management, however im 5 points short of qualifying as a skilled worker because i havent worked in canada for more than a year and i have no family here or any education beyond high school. I thought it might be possible to perhaps either extend my work permit or renew it. Im working 2 jobs in canada right now. Please could someone tell me exactly what myself and the companys i work for need to do to ensure i get an extension or renewal on my work permit. One of my jobs is for a a bank and the other is in food service. I would appreciate this so much. Thanks in advance.
If one of the jobs is a skilled level A,B or O in the NOC http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Welcome.aspx Find the job, then check the Matrix on the page to determine it's skill level. Then the employer could submit a Labour Market Opinion to HRSDC after advertising the position on the Job Bank for 2 weeks. They would have to demonstrate that there were no Canadians/PRs qualified for the position and that your qualifications were better. Then with the LMO you could apply for a work permit. This would give you an extra 5 points. Or the employer could apply for a Approved Employment Option, which states that the employer will hire you once you become a PR. It doesn't allow you to work in Canada until you become a PR, but does give you additional points. Again it has to be a skilled position.