16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Today my wife (my sponsor) received the following email:

"UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: F0000xxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear (my wife's name),

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/09/16."

If i would get that notice a month ago i wouldn't worry but the thing is that a day before she received it i called CIC to ask if they started to work on my application. the guy told me that they are looking at Dec 2010 (???) right now and for the first time (after 4 or 5 times that i called) he gave me my client ID number (which is different than the UCI my wife received!!)

I'm afraid there is a mistake here. why did she received this email and not me? and why now? (after i called them) do they think that she is the principal applicant? ??? ???
why CIC gave me a different number? I cannot check my status online too with the number CIC gave me... so weird

please if you got this email or letter before could you please tell me what it means?
I'm very appreciated

Thank you in advance

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raabhim said:
Today my wife (my sponsor) received the following email:

"UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: F0000xxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear (my wife's name),

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2011/09/16."

If i would get that notice a month ago i wouldn't worry but the thing is that a day before she received it i called CIC to ask if they started to work on my application. the guy told me that they are looking at Dec 2010 (???) right now and for the first time (after 4 or 5 times that i called) he gave me my client ID number (which is different than the UCI my wife received!!)

I'm afraid there is a mistake here. why did she received this email and not me? and why now? (after i called them) do they think that she is the principal applicant? ??? ???
why CIC gave me a different number? I cannot check my status online too with the number CIC gave me... so weird

please if you got this email or letter before could you please tell me what it means?
I'm very appreciated

Thank you in advance
You have a different UCI than your wife because you are different people. And YES, she is the principal applicant as I'm assuming you are the sponsor. She got the email because it's HER application for permanent residence, you are her sponsor.

raabhim

Aug 16, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2011
Interview........
none AIP 23-07-2012
LANDED..........
01-10-2012
Hi thanx for ur reply
I called CIC again it was my mistake
My wife is sponsering me. This letter acknowledge the fact that they just started to work on her documents which is the first stage to approve her sponsership.
They agree with me that the syntax of the email is a bit confusing.

No harm for now :)