+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Job_seeker and all other senior,

shehzad007

Dec 3, 2009
Hello all senior,
would some one please give me right time lane for LMO in calgary. My Employer applied for me in Second week of october ,but so far i didnt hear from them.
Any one have any idea how long it will normally take to approval?
I am very worried .

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
shehzad007 said:
Hello all senior,
would some one please give me right time lane for LMO in calgary. My Employer applied for me in Second week of october ,but so far i didnt hear from them.
Any one have any idea how long it will normally take to approval?
I am very worried .
You have to call your employer. Only s/he could follow up from HRSDC.

amelia

Jan 14, 2010
Hi

The LMO usually takes from 12-16 weeks but depends where your from. Mine took a couple of months to come through, I was getting worried too though, so much waiting eh!
When did your employer send it off?

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
To all seniors,

One of my friend who is in Pakistan and works in IT, got a job offer (that job is in special IT category and is exempted from LMO). He called me and asked a question: I did not know about this so I decided to ask you guys.

If he comes here on a work permit and his employer changes his mind/his company bankrupt or let him go after few month or weeks, what is going to do because he can't work for anyone else as his work permit is only for that employer. He would not want to go back home because he won't have any job in back home anymore. So what are his options? He has not made any decisions yet and waiting for my call back on this.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
To all seniors,

One of my friend who is in Pakistan and works in IT, got a job offer (that job is in special IT category and is exempted from LMO). He called me and asked a question: I did not know about this so I decided to ask you guys.

If he comes here on a work permit and his employer changes his mind/his company bankrupt or let him go after few month or weeks, what is going to do because he can't work for anyone else as his work permit is only for that employer. He would not want to go back home because he won't have any job in back home anymore. So what are his options? He has not made any decisions yet and waiting for my call back on this.
He can't work, but he can stay for the validity of his work permit and look for another employer and then apply for a new work permit; then work once he has his new work permit.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
job_seeker said:
He can't work, but he can stay for the validity of his work permit and look for another employer and then apply for a new work permit; then work once he as his new work permit.

He should have good money to support him until he find a new employer but can't he complain to CIC or govt. that this employer brought him here and now he has no job? this just came in to my mind.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
job_seeker said:
He can't work, but he can stay for the validity of his work permit and look for another employer and then apply for a new work permit; then work once he has his new work permit.
I told him that, he asked me in that case can he get a open work permit if so how does that work?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
starzibal said:
I told him that, he asked me in that case can he get a open work permit if so how does that work?

Karl is right. He can't apply for an open work permit right after losing a job :) Anyway there was a member from another forum who came to Canada on a working visa (LMO exempt, IT) who happened to have experienced what you just said, company went bankrupt because of the recession but since he and wife were both ITs were able to obtain open work permits. But he did not post his experience after that, just that he and wife were able to get the open work permit. Maybe this is the "glitch" in the system.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
job_seeker said:
Karl is right. He can't apply for an open work permit right after losing a job :) Anyway there was a member from another forum who came to Canada on a working visa (LMO exempt, IT) who happened to have experienced what you just said, company went bankrupt because of the recession but since he and wife were both ITs were able to obtain open work permits. But he did not post his experience after that, just that he and wife were able to get the open work permit. Maybe this is the "glitch" in the system.
I told him that if you want to come to Canada you have to consider all risk. Company can go bankrupt or lost job etc.