+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello, Have a question regarding wage for CEC.

ypark

May 15, 2012
Hello, I am a graduated student from a culinary school and am currently working as COOK. I have recently had some concerns about wage, since I got the minimun wage. Bascially, I have two jobs, one is working in a hotel and I make 11$. And also, the other job, which is a franchise restaurant, I earn 10.25$ + TIP(is good). Even though, I have good references from them and meet all the requirments for the CEC. Would it be matter? If I keep getting minimum wage as cook? The reason why I am asking this is that some people say that I have to make average wage at least as cook. If I don't, then the CIC might doubt about my jobs and duties so, they might refuse me immigration. If this is ture, I am so worry about and do not know what I have to do. Please, help me and give some good answers. Thank you.

P.S) I just found a web site, which is conducted by a govermental web, it shows cooks wage all over canada.

its says..10.25(LOW) 10.53(MID) 18.00(HIGH) in Ontario

Let's say I am living in ontario, I earn minimum (10.25). My wage would be matter as cook?

Thanks agian.

shah0076

Jun 7, 2012
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12,2014
AOR Received.
Aug 11,2014
File Transfer...
Aug 18,2014 turn to " in process" oct 14, 2014
Med's Request
upfront May 01,2014
Med's Done....
Apri 25, 2014
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Oct 14,2014
CIC website does not say anything about money and wages, its doesn't matter

TimaTi

Oct 22, 2011
As far as I know it does matter. I believe you should be getting at least an average wage in order to qualify. You will prove that you earn an average wage by showing your reference letter, pay stubs, etc. Of course you can write in your reference letter that you earn (say $15/hour), but you will still have to prove it by showing them ROE and Notice of Assessment. If you look at this website it shows the average wage of $10.56 as you mentioned: workingincanada.gc.ca/report-eng.do?area=9219&lang=eng&noc=6242&action=final&s=1

OHKIDDA

Star Member
Sep 1, 2012
Everyone is speculating. Of course, we can only go by what's written in the requirements for CEC and the wage. There is no reference to salary. So, it's logical to assume that it doesn't matter.

It matters for labour market opinions, but as far as what CIC has written, it doesn't matter for CEC. There's a lot of guess work here, so no clear answer. The best you can do is go by what's required and hope for the best.

ConfuseApplicant

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
OHKIDDA said:
Everyone is speculating. Of course, we can only go by what's written in the requirements for CEC and the wage. There is no reference to salary. So, it's logical to assume that it doesn't matter.

It matters for labour market opinions, but as far as what CIC has written, it doesn't matter for CEC. There's a lot of guess work here, so no clear answer. The best you can do is go by what's required and hope for the best.
Agree 1000 times ..