+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello guys i've got admit to Concordia Univeristy Fall '11

robicon

May 11, 2011
I need some help regarding showing the financial documents.....DO we need to show our bank statements also?as in i mean is my dad is sponsoring me ...my tuition fees for one year is 12KCAD$(24KCAD$ 2years) and living expense is 16KCAD$(32CAD$ 2 years) thats wat written on my acceptance letter ...its a 2 yrs Masters Program...
My Dad is retired n mom a housewife..I passed out in 2009 in Bachelors in Engg in I.T...i wasnt working for the past 2 years
1>My dads got F.D of 6Lacs INR in a bank its in both my dad n moms name.
2>dad got another account in other bank with only 10K INR....but he would be gettin sudden influx of money before i apply for Visa so it turn upto about 10Lacs INR
3>am taking loan of about 20Lacs from a another bank
4>I would be making CA net certificate stating my Immovable properties of about 50Lacs

How can i show the above mentioned bank details for applying for my study permit???Plz help me

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have mentioned so many things.As far as sponsorship is concerned,bank statement is the main thing.Your dad needs to show his bank statement and the value of all the immovable propertis.He needs to consolidate his properties in a presentable format and that its.

Transfer all the funds to one bak account of your choice so that you dont end up with many bank statements which can easily raise eye brows.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you worry of how to present your bank statement am more worried if you shall ever have enought time to get the visa at the right time to start the FALL 2011 classes.Getting the study visa is a night mare to many students.Its too slow and time consuming assuming you havent submitted your application yet.

robicon

May 11, 2011
Thnks for the quick response.....actually the bank whr my dad has accounts aren't giving education loan so had apply for loan to other bank....and also the bank statements needs to be 4 mnths old.....so 2 account in different bank are like 2 yrs old...
WOuld these assets be enough for applying for study permit....and also my dad is retired and my gap after passing create any problems as far as u know???

M

mehtab.92

Bro if you are in india and applying before august then there is enough time for process.

About finanace ...if you're applying under SPP then you need to show need exact 80% or above of Ist year expenses as loan approval. If you take anything less than that, then you can submit it but VO will take your case as a general application.
The other financial documents you can use are FD, Bank Statement, IT Returns, Share Certificate etc.

Visa officer do not consider land record, crop sale letter, jewellary evaluation and other documents which they cannot access.

About your Gap ... you can add a small note or a 1 pager to explain any inconsistency in your document and it helps them to assess , say a gap year or anything you want them to know but they don't want a 10 page book explaining everything in your application that makes sense.

robicon

May 11, 2011
hey thnx bro....m frm India and this university doesn't fall under SPP program....n since its a masters program i have to reach der n select the courses n thn pay the tuition fee....what can be done in this case??and about the bank statements as i've mentioned in the earlier post....my dads FD is in SBI and another acc in ING Vysya Bank and in this account he'l be getting some more money before i apply of Visa (thats the sudden inflow of money so would it be a prob or no?as in it would reflect in the bank statement and the money is coming from legal sources) and bank loan am taking is from Central bank(20Lacs).....and also the Immovable properties are the flats that i'll be evaluating through a Chartered accountant?

M

mehtab.92

Ohh you'renot apllying under SPP.

For General applicants, it is strongly recommended to have a loan sanction letter along with application (of any amount).
They are not financial expert so they rely more on banks to assess financial health of a candidate. They also consider other source of income such as FD, bank statement, IT returns etc but bank loan is preferred.

If you are showing bank statement, try to show them past 4 months statement, and do not show them multiple accounts. Also, IT returns can be shown along with it as well, especially if the course is a longer one.

As you said that your father getting some more money before Visa filing then just show the reciept or documents or any agreement or any proof stating that from where you're getting this big amount.

Never submit any false information or forged documents.

It may lead you to a Canada Visa ban (for all types of visa) for next 2 years. Also, even after 2 years it will be in system and every time a visa officer will see your application, he will see an alarm.

M

mehtab.92

Its alright bro....we all are here to share the valuable information.

J

JS

robicon, I'm in same boat as you in terms of family situation. My Dad is also retired and mom housewife.

Hi Mehtab, I'm little confused in case of family income. Although, I'm working but how do i show parents income. Is it really necessary or even without that, it's okay? My father can show bank accounts, FDs, property. Will it be okay? Please advise

oh ... btw i'm also trying for bank loan

robicon

May 11, 2011
Hi there..i think we need to show both bank loan as well as parents income too and property is to show home ties so that you would be returning back after graduating.....thats wat i think after reading some of the topic related to it here...How much are you planning to show??and how?

J

JS

You are right. I'm planning to show around CAD 20,000 plus bank loan for tution+living+ticket. And, also poperty papers. For my father, I'm thinking to show his PF plus bank account - around CAD 10,000

How about you? any other idea that you can think of to show family income especially father's as he is already retired?

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
buddy forget about bank statements and stuff for now and submit your application for CAQ at the earliest if you havent. that will also take a month.

Shehbaz

Star Member
Sep 8, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-2011
Med's Request
16-11-2011
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
Not required
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
robicon said:
I need some help regarding showing the financial documents.....DO we need to show our bank statements also?as in i mean is my dad is sponsoring me ...my tuition fees for one year is 12KCAD$(24KCAD$ 2years) and living expense is 16KCAD$(32CAD$ 2 years) thats wat written on my acceptance letter ...its a 2 yrs Masters Program...
My Dad is retired n mom a housewife..I passed out in 2009 in Bachelors in Engg in I.T...i wasnt working for the past 2 years
1>My dads got F.D of 6Lacs INR in a bank its in both my dad n moms name.
2>dad got another account in other bank with only 10K INR....but he would be gettin sudden influx of money before i apply for Visa so it turn upto about 10Lacs INR
3>am taking loan of about 20Lacs from a another bank
4>I would be making CA net certificate stating my Immovable properties of about 50Lacs

How can i show the above mentioned bank details for applying for my study permit???Plz help me
Can you please let me know what was your aggregate at bachelors level.