Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
RPRF Requested 30 Oct 12, sent 8 Nov 12.
AOR Received.
Second Line October 17, 2012.
IELTS Request
Done Sep 11 and sent in with application.
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
09 Jan 2013 - Flag changed.
LANDED..........
Landing 27 Aug 2013. Flight booked.
I'm from the United Kingdom! Well England actually, just I can't get an english flag of St George on this site. :mad:

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
My brother in law is in gaming. He was lead programer for the original GTA and GTA2 games. He even wrote a cheat into it for my wife (his sister) you type in "Ailsawantstocheat" for unlimited cash ;D

He works for the company that are making the new Carmageddon, on the Isle of Wight.

As for YOU, I'm pretty sure Canadians still get married ;)

Yes, I know it's not that simple, lol.

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello fellow Scots! How do I get a lovely scottish flag?! I can't see how to get one.

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gizmo59 said:
Hello fellow Scots! How do I get a lovely scottish flag?! I can't see how to get one.
If you manage to find out how to get an English one let me know please.

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gizmo59 said:
10 posts, look left change, second para, second option, input your details. HTH.

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
Dave n Ailsa said:
My brother in law is in gaming. He was lead programer for the original GTA and GTA2 games. He even wrote a cheat into it for my wife (his sister) you type in "Ailsawantstocheat" for unlimited cash ;D

He works for the company that are making the new Carmageddon, on the Isle of Wight.

As for YOU, I'm pretty sure Canadians still get married ;)

Yes, I know it's not that simple, lol.
What? Canadians get married too????? no way!!!! LOL

I could restart my business in Canada of course, but from experience I know it's a real massive slog to get going and whether I would want to do that all again I don't know. I'm thinking through what my other options would be - I think I would rather still have my own business than work for someone else ultimately.

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trevor and Jo said:
10 posts, look left change, second para, second option, input your details. HTH.
Thanks! I would have added my FSW thingy too, but I don't know what the difference is between FSW1, 2 and 3 - can anyone enlighten me?

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
FSW1 - Application without job offer
FSW2 - Application with job offer
FSW3 - Don't know.

HTH.

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
T and J

I see you've applied as an LPN - do you mind if I ask you a few questions - I can pm you if you prefer

Thanks

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gizmo59 said:
T and J

I see you've applied as an LPN - do you mind if I ask you a few questions - I can pm you if you prefer

Thanks
Please ask away, let others benefit. if it is private, then PM me, no problem. trevor

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, not private - I just wasn't sure whether you wanted to discuss your job on here! Thanks and here goes...

Anyway, I'm an RGN/RMN and I've already started the process of applying for exam for Ontario, but on the advice of the CNO I'm going for the LPN exam rather than RN because I trained so long ago that I've got certificates, not degrees, and even though I've now got a masters, it is academic not practical.

I'm working as a band 5 staff nurse in a general hospital and am planning on applying as an RN in July, but I think I'll also put LPN as my second choice. What do you think?

Are you actually an EN, or are you in the same position as me, an RGN but applying as LPN because the quotas don't fill so easily?

Thanks

gizmo59

Jun 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I forgot to say - I think nursing jobs in Canada are different - here I do both LPN and RN stuff (looking at their job descriptions) but it doesn't sound like canadian RNs do much hands on

I guess I'm wondering what your experience is, and how that fits with the LPN thing?

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gizmo59 said:
No, not private - I just wasn't sure whether you wanted to discuss your job on here! Thanks and here goes...

Anyway, I'm an RGN/RMN and I've already started the process of applying for exam for Ontario, but on the advice of the CNO I'm going for the LPN exam rather than RN because I trained so long ago that I've got certificates, not degrees, and even though I've now got a masters, it is academic not practical.

I'm working as a band 5 staff nurse in a general hospital and am planning on applying as an RN in July, but I think I'll also put LPN as my second choice. What do you think?

Are you actually an EN, or are you in the same position as me, an RGN but applying as LPN because the quotas don't fill so easily?

Thanks
No problem,I write on behalf of Jo, she is at work and actually seldom does the forum thing. She is RN, 3 yr diploma, 5 years exp with mentorship and ALS. Recently promoted to ward sister on a general surgical ward. We initially applied under 3152 (RN) and that application was returned because the quota was full on 19 jul 11. yes, 19 days! We reapplied under LPN once the package was returned (Nov) and resigned the new paperwork and resubmitted arriving CIC 19 Dec 11. We think we got in by the skin of our teeth TIMEWISE, Acknowledgement from CIC came in Feb 12. We are "in progress". My gut instinct is that both of these will still be on the list come 1 Jul 12. if you have your ducks in a row (police checks, IELTS, Scripts, statement of service, contracts, educational bits and bobs from Uni) go for the RN. If not, you don't stand a chance of getting in before the quota is full. The LPN duties are very similar, dumb them down a bit, check the duties of the LPN on CIC website and incorporate them in the statement of duties, should still be accurate, no porkies there, RN in Uk does shave, clean, prepares patient/client for the op. Think that coveres this bit...next message. HTH Trevor

Trevor and Jo

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
York
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 11.
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19 Dec 11
Med's Request
30 Oct 12
Med's Done....
13 Nov 12
Interview........
Decision made 26 Nov 12.
Passport Req..
30 Nov 12
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
gizmo59 said:
I forgot to say - I think nursing jobs in Canada are different - here I do both LPN and RN stuff (looking at their job descriptions) but it doesn't sound like canadian RNs do much hands on

I guess I'm wondering what your experience is, and how that fits with the LPN thing?
I think they are doing more of a sister role, and being paid for that extra responsibility, i am sure you are doing both LPN and RN work, what really matters is the registration thing, when you getto Canada, are you going to be an LPN $26 per hr, or RN $36 per hr. Registration is difficult and takes a long time. We are almost a year into the process and we have SEC booked for later this year. We started the process of registration in July 11! You can't work as RN until you have registration and passed CRN exam. So far we have spent £k's on imm advisor, flights/hotel/car hire to Canada for SEC, police checks, IELTS, Immigration fees ect ect. More imm fees due and medicals, then removals, flights, deposits in canada for rental appt/utilities and we have to have to have $20k to show immigration officers. All that before you have a job. This is no small undertaking, and there are no guarantees! PM me for more stuff if you like, hope this puts things into perspective for those contemplating the move. trevor