Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
Hello people.

We have applied for FSW1 in November 2011. We got PER in February this year so are keeping our fingers crossed for med requests in the next couple of months.

Anyone else from Scotland?

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
I am! We haven't applied yet. We are just in the very early stages of considering a move.

We love Scotland so it's kind of hard....!

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
Lawchuks said:
Yeah me too
Applied in feb 2012. Got PER in march
That's REALLY quick!

Good luck on sailing through the rest of it.

Where are you headed?

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
prairiechicken said:
I am! We haven't applied yet. We are just in the very early stages of considering a move.

We love Scotland so it's kind of hard....!
We also love Scotland, but I think we want to move while we still have fond memories of it.

It's all turning to $hit :'(

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
Dave n Ailsa said:
We also love Scotland, but I think we want to move while we still have fond memories of it.

It's all turning to $hit :'(
Yeah I know what you mean. I used to think I would want to be here till the end of days. Now I am not so sure.

What made you decide to make the move? And where are you going to?

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
We've wanted to move to Canada for about 15 years, but never really been in a position to do it till now.

We are heading to Hamilton Ontario, but who knows where we might end up in the future :)

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
Very excited for you then! I take it you are all/both staying here until you get your approval and then moving all together? That would be what we would want to do. Not sure how the practicalities work though. I don't want to separate the family at all.

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
There's a chance that my wife could get a transfer through her current employer, so that might mean she would need to move over before us. I have my own business which I can do anywhere, so it would just be a case of me selling the house, packing up all our junk and getting me and the kids on a plane to join her, lol.

Failing that, then we wait for PR, wife tries to get a job lined up and we head over for Christmas, or maybe next Summer.

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
So you are the canadian then? And your wife is british?

I'm the Canadian (or anyway I have dual Canadian/British nationality), my husband is british. Got to sort our son's Canadian citizenship certificate first, as he was born over here not in Canada. Going to do that regardless of whether we move - no reason for him not to have it.

My hubby's business can be done from anywhere, but since he spends the vast majority of his time working with people on the West Coast of the USA, a move to Canada would be awesome for us as he'd actually be working in a similar time-zone to the one we live in! At the moment he just seems to work ALL the time. I run a business here, but I'd have to leave that behind as it can't just be moved wholesale. That is a big consideration. I would have to do something else.

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
prairiechicken said:
So you are the canadian then? And your wife is british?

I'm the Canadian (or anyway I have dual Canadian/British nationality), my husband is british. Got to sort our son's Canadian citizenship certificate first, as he was born over here not in Canada. Going to do that regardless of whether we move - no reason for him not to have it.

My hubby's business can be done from anywhere, but since he spends the vast majority of his time working with people on the West Coast of the USA, a move to Canada would be awesome for us as he'd actually be working in a similar time-zone to the one we live in! At the moment he just seems to work ALL the time. I run a business here, but I'd have to leave that behind as it can't just be moved wholesale. That is a big consideration. I would have to do something else.
No, we are all Scottish ;)

FSW1 is "Federal Skilled Worker" the "1" means we are applying for PR (Permanent Residency) without a job secured. "2" would be with a job secured.

If accepted, we would be entitled to move to Canada on a permanent basis to seek employment and live our lives. After a few years we would be allowed to apply for Canadian citizenship :)

If we go over on my wife's job transfer, that would be under a TWP "Temporary Work Permit", which would be valid for the time stated on the permit. Could be up to 4 years, then we would need to return, or re-apply for an extension. But hopefully we will have PR by then anyway.

Hope that's us clear now :D

bicelaw

Jun 12, 2012
There's a chance that my wife could get a transfer through her current employer, so that might mean she would need to move over before us. I have my own business which I can do anywhere, so it would just be a case of me selling the house, packing up all our junk and getting me and the kids on a plane to join her,

Thanks!

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
Aha! that is clear now Dave, cheers. Not used to all the acronyms yet.... thought FS.. was Family Sponsorship somethingorother, so there you go....

All so confusing.

Dave n Ailsa

Jun 8, 2012
Glasgow, Scorland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2011
So how long have you been over here, and do you still have relatives in Canada?

What sort of business do you have?

prairiechicken

Jun 6, 2012
I've been in UK since childhood, and in Scotland for the past 13 years. We have distant relatives over in Canada (a couple of different arms of the family, in different parts of BC).

My business is bridal retail, my husband's is game design.