+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello from newbie.

braj

Dec 20, 2010
Hi everyone. I am a new join and find this forum extremely helpful and was already able to find answers to most of my queries.

I currently live and work in the UK and have applied for canada in FSW category awaiting my medical requests from London office.

My following query may not be unique but I would like to clear up my head round this and will appreciate your help very much.

I have been living in the UK for the past 5 years in a category that will allow me to apply for 'Indefinite leave to remain in the UK' in march 2011.

I intitally thought that if I manage to get my canadian PR before march next year, then I will not apply for the UK ILR.

However due to new UK immigration changes on its way around june next year, I am considering getting the UK ILR before this time as I have earned it by living here for the last 5 years.

My Query: Can I get my UK ILR in March next year and then get canadian PR later(as I will eventually get this anyway). Is it legally allowed to have UK ILR and canadian PR both active. note: I do own a property in the UK.

please I need answers to my above query which are perfectly legal as I dont want to mess up with the authorites in any of the two countries. If this is not possible what alternatives have i got to maintain the UK ILR and the canadian PR?

thanks a lot.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I dont think there will be any problem for having resident visa for both countries, you are just getting the permanent residence from both countries not the passport when you get the citizenship then you might have to choose one of them after checking the rules for both countries either anyone of them let you keep the passport for other country or not.

This is just my opinion as generally you can keep the residence visa for as many countries as you like but wait for others to reply as their might be some rules involved.

Cheers
Saki

braj

Dec 20, 2010
Hi Thanks for the reply.

As you say it will be useful to hear others views too on this in particular on any rules that is to be aware of.

braj

Dec 20, 2010
Resident Permits from two countries?

Hi All,

I will greatly appreciate your responses on this topic.

thanks a lot.

grewal

Dec 6, 2010
UP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:)welcome dude..........

Knowledge is embodied in people gathered in communities and networks. The road to knowledge is via people, conversations, connections and relationships. Knowledge surfaces through dialog, all knowledge is socially mediated and access to knowledge is by connecting to people that know or know who to contact. ~
share this Knowledge Sharing saying --- Denham Grey