+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

HELLO FROM CARACAS -VENEZUELA CAN I MOVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY WHILE VISA PROCESS..

Queenyvzla

Oct 11, 2011
CARACAS
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2011
AOR Received.
January 2012
File Transfer...
December 2011
Med's Done....
August 2011
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Hope soon
VISA ISSUED...
Hope soon
LANDED..........
Hope soon
;D Hello everybody!

Well, im still waiting here in Caracas-Venezuela that my status will change someday but of course didnt happen yet and we have almost a year with this application :(, so i would like to ask :'( could i move to another country during this visa process? (my husband lives in canada, hes my sponsor) i have that idea but i dont know if i can move. Help me please :'(

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Are you asking if you can move to Canada?

If so - then the answer is no - you can't move to Canada. However you can visit Canada as a tourist. Since you are from a non-visa exempt country, you will need a tourist visa to visit Canada. Unfortunately it's typically pretty difficult to obtain an approved tourist visa if you have already been sponsored for PR by your spouse. This is because in order to qualify for a tourist visa, you must prove that you have strong ties to your home country and no plans to remain in Canada long term.

janita

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
File Transfer...
06-06-2011
Med's Done....
20-04-2011
Hi there,
we moved from Uruguay to Costa Rica while waiting for my husband`s residency visa and it was not a problem. I guess it may have slowed us down a bit since they asked us to send proof of our legal status here in CR and my husband had to get costarican police certificates (and get them notarized and translated) but other than that no problems. Our file stayed in Buenos Aires (the visa office responsible for Uruguay) so luckily he did not get called for an interview, otherwise he would have had to travel to Argentina. Also it was a bit more expensive since we had to send the additional docs and his passport to Argetina by DHL.
Good Luck!

SEVEN07

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Caracas
Category........
Visa Office......
Caracas-Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2011
AOR Received.
NOV 2011
File Transfer...
JAN 2012
Med's Done....
JUL 2011-JUL 2012
Passport Req..
NOV 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 2012
Yes You can move into other place meanwhile you are waiting but you need notify to the Embassy all situation and It could produce delay in the proccess :(...To Embassy sent your application into new location takes time and they will do that only If...

1) Both have legal status in the new location, to get a legal status in other countries sometimes takes time MINIMUM 6 months...

2) All embassies are differents the new one can request more documents so The applicants almost must to start the proccess and new location to review it...

3) You must give them proof of you and your sponsor wants return to Canada and have a place where to live,job opportunities etc etc...

Scylla you are right!!!!...To get a visit visa is almost ¨imposible¨ in some countries ,they dont give the opportunity to applicants to go as a visitor when they are waiting...

Good Luck and patience to everyone...