+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Hello Folks

bozakmg

May 9, 2019
Hello Folks,

I just joined this forum and nice to meet you all
I am from Ivory Coast and I want to start immigration procedure to Alberta province
Any useful information that would help me through would be most welcome

I need some clarification about this conditions I saw on the official website :

At the time your application is postmarked and at the time the AINP assesses your application, you must have a valid work permit (not implied status or restoration status) for an eligible occupation. Valid work permits are based on one of the following:

Purpose of the procedure is to obtain work permit for the host country, How can I obtain that from outside the country ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The AINP Opportunity Stream isn't looking for people from outside Canada (or even outside Alberta). It's looking for foreign nationals who are already legally working in Alberta .

You don't qualify under the AOS.

The other stream is Alberta Express Entry - look at the requirements here -> https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-selection-criteria.aspx#toc-2

You will only qualify if you have a connection to Alberta. If you have no connection to Alberta, you need to look at another province as you won't qualify for AINP.

There's also a Self-employed Farmer Stream, but I assume you're not a farmer (and you need to have a minimum net worth of $500,000 and commit to invest at least $500,000 in an Alberta farming enterprise)

bozakmg

May 9, 2019
Thanks very much for the king answer, you really gave me some heads up, things appear more clearly now to me
For someone who has not job offer and no relative/contact in Canada what would the best option?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
451 points ! not much !
Have you already taken the IELTS and had your degrees validated?

If yes, you should create an Express Entry profile and you will get invited. This is the easiest way to get PR. 451 points is a good score and enough to get invited.

bozakmg

May 9, 2019
I live in a french speaking country so I took the TEF and I validated my degrees already,
I used my previous score for the assessment
I submitted before an application for quebec since 2016 but as you know they cancelled all processing
Now I wan to try Alberta,
If 451 is enough points I will take the TEF as previous expired and start the express entry process
If You don't mind I would be happy to have your contact to keep in touch
Thanks for the great help !

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
What does PR stands for ?
PR = Permanent Residency.

Yes, take the TEF again, get the points. With 451 points you can quite easily get invited and you don't need to worry about province-specific PNP programs. Since you said you qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker class, this is the easiest and fastest way to immigrate without a job offer.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I live in a french speaking country so I took the TEF and I validated my degrees already,
I used my previous score for the assessment
I submitted before an application for quebec since 2016 but as you know they cancelled all processing
Now I wan to try Alberta,
If 451 is enough points I will take the TEF as previous expired and start the express entry process
If You don't mind I would be happy to have your contact to keep in touch
Thanks for the great help !
Just post questions in the Express Entry section of this forum and you'll get lots of help. You can post in French if that's more comfortable for you - I don't speak French, but there are many French-speaking members who will respond.

You can tag me using the @ method like so @bozakmg. Only if you're posting in English :)

Dhruv47

Jul 24, 2018
My Name is Dhruv and I am from India. My age is 25 and my education as per WES is Two degree certificates from which one is more than 3 years. I have one year continuous work experience in India as Sales and Marketing Executive in an Import Export Company. I just got my IELTS result which is L-8, R-6, W-6, S-7, Overall - 7. I have appeared IELTS for the first time only. My elder sister is living in Canada since 6 years and holds a PR since 3 years. She is staying in Etobicoke, Ontario.

My Express Entry CRS score is 387 which is very low and i dont have any hope to get ITA through it. I am thinking to apply through PNP. Can anyone suggest me which PNP program is best suitable in my case through which i can get nominated easily for a Canadian PR.

Thank you.